Eat when hungry?

Options
I am attempting to lose some weight, and am currently set at a 2lbs/week deficit (I have a beach vacation in 5 weeks). I have noticed that the exercise tracker gives me a pitiable number of calories for lifting... usually on the order of less than 300 for almost an hour of high-reps-low-weight strength training. My workouts make me really hungry towards the end of the day.
At this moment (12:20PM), I am only 64 calories under my limit of ~1970 per day but feel like my body is telling me to eat something. Should I? I would go over my limit, which has already factored in the workout calories. In addition, I would be eating about an hour before I go to bed, which I have heard is not desirable. I run into this situation almost every night, so I thought I'd see what opinions are out there. Thanks.

*Edit: I am 27, 6'8" tall, 272lbs. Goal: 250lbs.

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    On lifting days I eat like crazy! Feed those muscles bro!!! It's kinda like zig zagging, I eat heavyer on lift days and a little lighter on cardio days and it balences out over the week :) it works for me