Options
Hey Iowans..
Here's the new weekly thread!:bigsmile:
Casey

Replies

• Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi, there, Iowans! I'm on the eastern side of the state - thought I'd stop by and say HI!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Welcome!
    We have a few girls that check in on here...what is your story?
    Casey
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, my story..... :smile: I'm 39, have been fighting the weight-loss fight for a long time - and am determined to make some significant inroads in the next eight months - before I turn 40. I've been doing a modified Couch-to-5K - haven't been able to run due to still have a significant amount to lose - am doing more of a walk/powerwalk thing instead of a walk/run thing.

I saw your previous post CCfett - about a 5K run out around Des Moines area - I'd like to be able to run a 5K by next year this time. My ultimate goal is to someday actually run the Bix 7.

I'm married, have a 13 yo daughter, two spoiled dogs and a neurotic cat. I've lost and gained and lost and gained so many times in my lifetime - this time I'm cutting the yo-yo string! I enjoy lots of outdoors stuff - camping, hiking, caving, canoeing, etc.... Love our area in Iowa - around the Maquoketa river - it is so beautiful and there are so many things to do outside around here!

It's nice to talk to someone else in Iowa - where are you located? Around the Des Moines area?
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi all, checking in! Didn't Shred it today or do any workout for that matter. Did do laundry, and vaccuming. And just walking around the apartment complex to herd the kiddos in. Heading to KC tomorrow afternoon to see my hubby!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: He is down in Ft. Leonard Wood for training for his new job here in DSM and has been gone since Aug 2 and won't be back until Sep 24. So the kids and I are very excited to see him! Hope you all have a good day!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey all,
    Sorry I haven't checked in for a while..I wasn't feeling well and then had a virus infected computer...not very fun:grumble:
    Resalyn: You let me know if you need anything...the most imporant things to guarantee success are changing your LIFESTYLE and BELIEVING you can do it! I bet you'll be ready for the 5k before then..you just have to want and believe....I am here to help if you need anything! You can add me as a friend too or I am on facebook (Casey Fett). What all do you do for working out?
    Katie: Oh that sucks being w/o the hubby that long. I was w/o Jason this weekend for like 4 days..I forget how much I enjoy having him around as my support system. Just keep active darlin!
    I've been busy..hosted some fitness events in the area (Des Moines/Ankeny) this weekend..and did a 10k. Best time ever! And I also started a new phase for my strength work..it's been a while since I've been sore!
    Follow me to a new week: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64103-cornfed-iowans-week-of-august-24
    Casey:flowerforyou: