Boy troubles):

Options
I know probably no one is online but I need advice. I've been dating this kid named Brandon for about a month. He's a Marine and he's adorable. However, we couldn't be more different. I'm very uptight and strict with myself from years of ballet and a USMC father, whereas he's more laid back and calm. Tonight I was supposed to hang out with him after he got off work at 9. It's now 12 and I haven't heard from him at all. I'm not sure how to react to this. I want it to come across that I'm pissed off, but he literally takes nothing seriously. If he does take it seriously then he goes the extreme route, such as asking if we should just break up when I mention any little thing. I have no idea his reasoning behind tonight, but I could give a damn what his excuse is. The last time we hung out he made my friend and wait for an hour outside his job, because he 'lost his phone'. I'm fed up with his disrespect and his nonchalantness about these things, but don't want to come off like a complete brat. Please help:cry:

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Time to move on without him?
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    He's just not that into you.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options

This! I agree, and move on.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've date plenty of guys, of every personality and background. If a guy really wants to talk to you or see you, he makes time to do so. If you haven't heard from him, your not on his mind. Your too young and sweet to worry about BS like that. Just tell him that you two seem to be on different pages and should move on.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You can't change him. If this drives you crazy now, honey, this is as good as you are going to get from him. So, either decide you can put up with it or move on. Sorry......it is what it is and he doesn't sound like he's all that eager to be spending time with you, either.
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hit the eject button and get out. Any guy that's really into you isn't going to treat ya that way, regardless of the personality!
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'd say he obviously doesn't take your relationship as seriously as you do. Don't drive yourself crazy over him. Move on and be happy. :smile: Good luck!
  • brooklynsfinestballerina
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:
  • ladyace15
    ladyace15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you are truly worth anything to him, he would indeed make the time for you! If your time is being wasted without the courtesy of even a text or a phone call, then you should move on to bigger and better things! One tell-tell sign that he's just not that into you, when anyone in a relationship always uses that threat, "Well maybe we just need to break up!", TAKE THE HINT AND LEAVE WITH YOUR DIGNITY IN TACT AND YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH! He really has no intention on staying in the first place!,In the words of Drake, "I'm just saying, you could do better!"
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    Hit the eject button and get out. Any guy that's really into you isn't going to treat ya that way, regardless of the personality!

^^ agreed^^
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:

What is the term I am looking for? Ah yes , "stringing you along".
  • honeylunny
    honeylunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh honey, thats terrible! I really think you need to get out. If he loved you he wouldnt make you wait around when you have plans. Its just rude.

Next time he tried to contact you dont respond. See how he handles it.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    His insensitivity and disrespect will only get worse and more annoying as you get older. Men are creatures of habit. If he doesn't have a good foundation of manners and chivalry I'd dump him. Not good long-term material.
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options

Bump^
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That just sounds emotionally exhausting. Kind of EXACTLY like my last relationship. Took a year to realize I was sick of making everything about him and working around HIS schedule. Still hard since he is an awesome person, but you deserve so much more.
  • gatecityradio
    Options

This....more women should watch the movie as well.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    " I've been dating this kid named Brandon"

Lose the kid and find yourself a man. You deserve someone who does what they say they are going to do.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It kind of seems like he's stringing you along until he leaves. Don't stick around with that! If he really wanted to be with you, he'd make an effort!