Hello...

Options
Hi. I decided to join this site to help me with some weight loss. I am a very active person (a triathlete, in fact), but have a lot of things going on in my life, including some injuries, that have kept me from the training that I am used to. As a result, I've put on some weight and on a 5'1" frame, it doesn't take much for the clothes to get tight! Relatively speaking, I don't have much to lose (about 8-10 pounds). Unfortunately, most people I know tend to scoff at me losing weight ("Oh, you're so little. You don't need to lose weight!). However, I do and I know it. I know it's not a lot of weight, but it's important to me to get it off, so here I am. I am hoping that I can find the support I need here.

I am lucky to have a super-supportive husband too. He bought us a scale that not only does weight, but also bone-density and body fat, etc. to help me along. I'm excited about using it too!

That's all I've got for now!!

Replies

• proctor0828
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I hope everything works out for you... There is a great support and advice system here, we are always open to newcomers advice aswell.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: