Better tasting hummis?

Options
Does anyone know of a hummis that tastes good? I tried some for the very first time this weekend and I have to say, I didn't like the taste at all. I picked up a garlic flavored one, cause I'm addicted to garlic flavors, but it just wasn't for me. I have another roasted pepper one I have yet to try, but didn't know if I would get the same kinda taste from it?

Thanks,

Janet

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I have never found the taste for hummis... icky LOL
  • rwulawgirl
    Options
    Try dessert hummus - its sold in NH and Maine but you can buy it online, they have all kinds of good flavors.

www.desserthummus.com/
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i started with the roasted red pepper then garlic and worked my way down to original lol and i LOVE it
    i like the PC brand, but I have also been told the costco's is really yummy and extra smooth!

you could also try making it for yourself if you were feeling adverturous, there's not a whole lot to it
    can of chick peas and a few ingredients blended together

i love this girls recipes http://kayotickitchen.com/

type hummus in the search bar, there's 3 i think that she's done, but her "kay's hummus" looks so yummy!

PG :flowerforyou:
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i first bought atheno's hummus and LOVED it, then i tried sabra hummus and thought it was very gross. i couldn't even eat it. so try different brands. my favorites are the greek style and spicy three pepper flavors by atheno's
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Options
    Try dessert hummus - its sold in NH and Maine but you can buy it online, they have all kinds of good flavors.

www.desserthummus.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out. I live in NH so maybe I can find out where it's sold.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    bacon flavored?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    just kidding!
    I personally love it, but you might try adding some lemon juice to perk it up a bit if you like acid-y foods.
    My favorite is having some on a romaine lettuce leaf like a green burrito - yum!
  • 21alpine
    Options
    i started with the roasted red pepper then garlic and worked my way down to original lol and i LOVE it
    i like the PC brand, but I have also been told the costco's is really yummy and extra smooth!

you could also try making it for yourself if you were feeling adverturous, there's not a whole lot to it
    can of chick peas and a few ingredients blended together

i love this girls recipes http://kayotickitchen.com/

type hummus in the search bar, there's 3 i think that she's done, but her "kay's hummus" looks so yummy!

PG :flowerforyou:

I guess I'll have to try different flavors. I don't remember what brand I got, I'll have to check when I get home from work :bigsmile:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I think the Sabra brands are the best and I Love how they put the big glop of stuff in the middle :laugh:
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I never really liked hummus until I tried Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, IMO it is the BEST. Also, I only really like hummus with yellow, orange, and red pepper slices. The combination of the two just make it taste delicious!
  • ystrachan
    Options
    Try Trader Joe's Edamame Hummus. Very tasty!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I like Tribe All Natural Hummus. The roasted garlic is great and only 50 calories per serving. I like the red pepper too. :happy:
  • shaleah77
    Options
    You could try making your own. All hummus is- is chickpeas, tahini and olive oil- plus whatever you would want to flavor it with :happy:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    athenos hummus
  • doodleinmd
    Options
    As a fellow garlic addict do what I do.....buy a low cal hummus at the store then take some aluminum wrap, add some garlic(no need to peel) spray it with some olive oil spray and roast for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool until you can handle then squeeze the garlic into the hummus-it's beyond yummy & virtually fat free(for the garlic)
  • 21alpine
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the really great suggestions. Looks like I will be going on a hummus tasting spree soon ! :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I never really liked hummus until I tried Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, IMO it is the BEST. Also, I only really like hummus with yellow, orange, and red pepper slices. The combination of the two just make it taste delicious!

i agree 100% about the peppers. but i like it on allll kinds of stuff too!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I tried Hummus at Jason's Deli a few times and I just didn't like it.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like plain Sabra hummus.( it took me a while to find one I liked.)
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yummy I love Houmous!!!!:happy:

Try Caramelized Onion or Red Pepper Pesto...they are my favourites :smile:
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only brand I will buy now is the Sabra brand.
    My husband is middle eastern, so I've become pretty darn picky when it comes to hummus.

All of their flavors are terrific-
    This brand is the most authentic to what you will find in the middle east.

YUMMMMM:tongue: