:happy: Today is the first day of my new lifestyle

Options
Hi everyone. Two years ago I lost 50 pounds and needed to lose about 20 more. Instead, I gained 15. Well, today is the beginning of a new day for me. I will lose that gained weight as well as the 20 I wanted to lose 2 years ago. However, I do need your support. I am a stress eater and alate night snacker and I know that is my downfall. I'm going through a very ugly divorce and stress is my middle name. I'm hoping that I can find motivation and support here to overcome my downfalls and lose the 35 pounds I need to be healthy.

Replies

• KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    We will definitely help you! If there is one thing you can find here, it is support.

We are in the same boat, I use food as stress relief as well (and I also lost a significant amount of weight two years ago and am here to lose the rest). The best thing about our situations is that we KNOW we are capable. You did it before, you can do it again.

Try to take out your stress at the gym...I take boxing and spinning classes.

Check back here regularly, read the posts and make friends...it helps SO much.
  • Hi,

Welcome to thie site. I noticed you said you are a late snacker - me too, but to try and overcome this, and this may sound really silly but it has worked for me :blushing: , after dinner I brush my teeth with a really minty toothpaste!! After a short while the urge to snack passes, and if later on in the evening the urge retuns, I just go and brush my teeth again. So far it has worked, and I have super clean teeth lol :laugh:

Good luck,

X
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh: :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Calif1971dreamin
    Calif1971dreamin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I do have one question, how do you find a group? All I seem to find is posts to the message boards and blogs, but no actual groups.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Site. My Middle name is stress to :bigsmile: your gonna do great here Remember its one step at a time and by the time to are done you will have taken an amazing journey
    Pam
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    welcome,
    You can find threads that you share interests with, like walking, running,special eating, or you can start on of your own. I am part of the woggers team. we walk/jog and have a great support system. just click on all the threads and start reading, Or "Lurking" as my daughter tells me, eventually you'll find some folks that interest you and that's how it happens. Good luck and have fun
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard .... and good luck ..... we are here for you