exercise at home.

Options
Im doing a bit exercise at home, mainly crunches which the gym instructor showed me how to do. I do about 45 crunches, then switch the cruches to my side, you know, leg on your knee pushing up towards it.
Also do some press ups, I can do about ten in one go, which is crap lol, but I can try and do them a few times a day. also use my own weight on the stairs to push down using my arms, resistence stuff.
But how on earth am i going to work out how many cals im burning doing that. Imean it doesnt take very long, only about 5 mins lol.

Replies

• pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You could wear a heart monitor that gives you a calories burned status...
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    i use my HRM and then log it. :)
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I havent got one of those, but I dont exactly break a sweat lol. Its more like toning I suppose but its using my own body weight. My arms are not that strong and if like to get them stronger, AT the gym i can lift 65kg which is not bad but thats on my legs, for weight on my arms its only 5kg and thats hard to do lol.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I do these every day but to be honest I only log any cardio I do, I don't feel like I do these long enough to burn any cals...maybe I should put my HRM on and see ;0)
  • amystahl
    amystahl Posts: 6
    Options
    I am new on here and everyone may slam me, but I think Jullian Michaels workout videos are very good. I go to Lifetime Fitness and they are comparable to some classes- only they are shorter (30mins?) good cardio/strength combined
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't think most strength training gets your heart rate up high enough for long enough to burn enough calories to log.
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    File it under calisthenics. 5 min probably doesn't burn enough calories to track. However, we all start somewhere. I'm with you, 5min is all I can do. But by doing that 5min today, and tomorrow, and so on...I will get to where I can do 10, then 20.

Good for you for doing the 5