how do you keep eyeliner in place?

Options

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a nice eyeliner brush and use dark eye shadow instead of liner on my lower lids and I've never had a problem with it running. On my upper lashes I use regular eyeliner and smudge it into my lash line.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I echo what everyone else said - Urban Decay primer is best. They also make the very best pencils. A little pricier than drug store stuff but worth every penny - it really does stay put all day.

Out of drugstore brands, I find that Loreal HIP cream eyeliners are very long lasting. Don't use the brush that comes with it, it's awful.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    MAC Fluidline will stop all of your woes. Urban decay primer is great! I am so trying the cornstarch! LOL!
  • agentscully514
    Options
    Yes, Kandee is great!! She is an extremely talented makeup artist and her makeup tutorials are outstanding. Her tutorials for eyebrows are the best ones I have ever seen. Ever since I watched them, I have gotten nonstop compliments on my eyebrows. My natural eyebrows are pale blonde and basically invisible - what you see in my photo is what I learned from Kandee.

Here are her eyebrow tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuGejNahDa0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1RFdwjC1TE

This girl - Kandee Johnson - is aDORable ... She's a makeup artist, blogger, mom, and just a sweet, sweet soul.
    Try this vid for eyeliner tips!

http://youtu.be/dTry7fUwIS4
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the advice! I'm going to make a shopping list and try out some of your suggestions! I'm excited :smile:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i absolutely swear by urban decay's primer potion. just put it on your lids and whatever you put on them stays all day long. I LOVE that stuff.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I've never had any issues with that! lol. I use physicians formula liquid eyeliner and also an eyeliner by bare escentuals (or whatever it's called)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    DON'T spray hair spray at your eyes! There are warnings on every single can, it can make you blind!
    Never done me any harm :happy:
    Just because you haven't sprayed it in your eyes yet doesn't mean you should recommend it to others. Feel free to take chances with your own eyesight, but don't call it good advice.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    #firstworldproblems
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lol, the guy above replied to an eyeliner post
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    everything is already mentioned..
    I use the primer potion, then I use a liner brush with the urban decay perversion pencil. the ud pencil is way to creamy for me to get a nice thin line so I just use a brush. go over it with some shadow. I also use a dark shadow under my eyes instead pencil. then some nyx doll eyes mascara and done!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You've had great answers. I use a Too Faced primer and powder for liner. Question...when y'all say waterline is that the part up against the eye? I put along my lower lash line but have never figured how people get liner on that inside part.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You've had great answers. I use a Too Faced primer and powder for liner. Question...when y'all say waterline is that the part up against the eye? I put along my lower lash line but have never figured how people get liner on that inside part.

when I put liner in my waterline it always falls off and then I look like a raccoon. I really have no clue how others do it.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    constantly belittle it, and never let it feel good about itself...:laugh:
  • agentscully514
    Options
    the waterline is the inside lower lash line. for me, only waterproof eyeliner (pencil or gel) stays put more than 30 minutes there. '

now for ADVANCED eyelining, you should check out "tightlining". this means the upper waterline. for some people, like my good friend Marcy, this is not necessary. For me, this is a HUGE difference. It is seriously the difference between amateur and professional. Every single time I do tightlining, I get compliments.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    The more $$ you spend on the product, the less runny you will get. Try different brands and put it to the test!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I use Sormeh on my water line. Here's a link:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/101606779/black-sormeh-kohl-and-bamboo-eyeliner-98

I use Urban Decay 24/7 liner on my lashline, and go over that with the Sormeh. It lasts all day and doesn't migrate on me.
  • agentscully514
    Options
    Urban Decay 24/7 is AWESOME! best pencil on the market. MAC is a close second. slightly less creamy/dense, but also more colors.

I will look into Sormeh, thanks for the tip. :)
    I use Sormeh on my water line. Here's a link:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/101606779/black-sormeh-kohl-and-bamboo-eyeliner-98

I use Urban Decay 24/7 liner on my lashline, and go over that with the Sormeh. It lasts all day and doesn't migrate on me.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap for Urban Decay, but I've had success with primer and the Avon glimmersticks. I've tried three different primers so far, and they all work about the same, but one of them irritated me a little bit. Palladio was the irritator. I've also tried Mary Kay and ELF. I like the ELF because it's $1, but the Mary Kay comes in a nicer tube that is more sanitary to use.

Without primer, my makeup falls off within minutes.
  • volleme
    volleme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MAC!!!