Swimming

Options
I joined mfp a couple of years ago, lost 61lbs, gave up exercise due to a sports injury and put it all back on again.
Restarted 8 weeks ago, swimming 5 times a week, walking and eating healthily.

The receptionist at the sports centre hadnt seen me for a week as i haven't been due to a heavy cold and she said they need to update my photo as i look totally different now. That really made my day.

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    that must have been awesome to hear! Congrats!
  • redskirt
    redskirt Posts: 20
    Options
    Fantastic
  • eyTARAA
    eyTARAA Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting! :)
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    great job keep it up
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Love swimming, how many laps are you doing/how long do you swim for? I'm in a 25 yard pool and just began swimming again 5 weeks ago after a 3 year lay-off. But I'm only swimming one day per week, the other two days at the gym I do recumbent bike for 30 min and then lift weights. (I have fibromyalgia so I have to be careful not to overdo and cause a flare).
    BUT I just injured my knee a few days ago from SWIMMING! Didn't do my warm-up laps slow enough and began to have inner knee pain in left knee during frog kick/breast stroke. I guess this is not uncommon for frog kick to cause this. Rested, iced and took Motrin for a few days, hope to be back in the pool this week.
    There is a swim group on MFP. One of my MFP friends is also a swimmer and she has a waterproof MP3 player! There is also a waterproof iPod!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Swimming is a great way to get your body into shape ... But not only is it healthy for your body, it's your mind and soul that will also benefit from your choice of making water activity a part of your daily routine. Take a few minutes each day before you get out of the water to breathe deeply and really feel the water around you ... Such an incredible feeling !

Also, congrats on getting back on track ... Your doing great ! :)
  • Sstjacques
    Options
    that's awesome. I love swimming- i always feel like i'm not burning the same amount of calories but this is really motivational. keep up the good work
  • Mc_Queen
    Mc_Queen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are a CHAMPION! :flowerforyou:
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Yeah! Love swimming, how many laps are you doing/how long do you swim for? I'm in a 25 yard pool and just began swimming again 5 weeks ago after a 3 year lay-off. But I'm only swimming one day per week, the other two days at the gym I do recumbent bike for 30 min and then lift weights. (I have fibromyalgia so I have to be careful not to overdo and cause a flare).
    BUT I just injured my knee a few days ago from SWIMMING! Didn't do my warm-up laps slow enough and began to have inner knee pain in left knee during frog kick/breast stroke. I guess this is not uncommon for frog kick to cause this. Rested, iced and took Motrin for a few days, hope to be back in the pool this week.
    There is a swim group on MFP. One of my MFP friends is also a swimmer and she has a waterproof MP3 player! There is also a waterproof iPod!

I normally do about 30 mins a day in the pool. Its a 25metre pool so generally about 50 lengths. (Why do you guys over there call them laps? Or do you swim round the edge of the pool? We call them lengths over here) I do alternate crawl and breaststroke.
    I saw a guy in there the other day with an mp3 player on. I'd rather have peace and quiet.
    I cant be doing with the gym, i just find it mind numbing. I enjoy walking for miles across the fields or over on the beach.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!