Weight fluctuations

Options
orishp
orishp Posts: 214 Member
Hi, I track my weight daily, always first thing in the morning without clothes. I have noticed that every 7-10 days there is a weight increase, followed by one or two days at that same weight (so its not just a misread) and then my weight finally goes down, probably around the same level as it should be to maintain the same overall weight loss trend.
In the past, whenever I had seen this weight increase I get really discouraged and quite, thinking "after all this sacrifice, and I still gain weight???". This time around I have pushed through it and I am so glad I have, I have lost 10 lbs so far.

Just wondering if anyone can explain these fluctuations, its not my period, I don't change the way I eat or exercise on those days, its just weird

Thanks

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today I have lost weight again, so odd. going up two pounds and then losing 4.
    Do you guys weigh in daily? its torture
  • ScottRy76
    ScottRy76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    weight always goes up and down you got the right idea doing it in the morning alot (if not all of it) of it could be retention of water(water weight) if you got alot of sodium in your diet that could be the main reason.
  • hiddensvelte
    hiddensvelte Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I notice a variation of about 5 pounds daily (when I feel like it, I weigh morning and night). I log my weight weekly.

Yes, I'm serious about losing weight, but not anally so. The body fluctuates due to physical activity, calories consumed, and how those calories are made up.

The important trend is are you losing? I'm just into my third week and feel I'm doing better at the lifestyle change. Week two, I felt like I gained back what I lost during week one, but this week, it was down again. What I have noticed is though my weight "swings", the trend is downward and this is the good thing.

I would love to lose 80 pounds, but will settle for 60 and I'm on the right path.

The driver? To be awarded a black belt in karate at the same time as my wife (I'm just a little behind) and my two oldest kids receive their second degree black belts.