Granola bars

Options
yquier
yquier Posts: 10 Member
I love Nature Valley oats 'n honey granola bars but one of the main ingredients is sugar. When I eat them I only eat one bar and have yogurt with it. So when I saw that Nature Valley was coming out with a protein bar I was super excited. However on my trip to the store yesterday I checked out the label and much to my dismay they have double the fat and triple the sat fat. 12g of total fat vs 6g and 3.5g sat fat vs 1/2g. Is the sat fat the good fat or is it both trans and sat bad. Just wondering what everybody thinks. Are the protein bars the way to go? Should I stick with the oats 'n honey or omit both altogether. By the way the protein bar was awesome!

Replies

• ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Do whichever you prefer the taste of and whichever fits into your daily macro-nutrient needs.

If you have a goal of 200carbs a day and 50fat a day, eat whatever fits into those numbers that you like the taste of.
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    i would say try and stay away from them but i know sometimes you cant there extremely convenient and so tasty they say there healthy but there not as great as we think but i would say you could have it if it fits within nutrients for the day and if you have the problem of not having enough protein in your day maybe get the protein ones since they may even fill you up more for the rest of the day....also here is a recipe if you wanna try making the bars on your home and there a lot healthier I haven't had the chance to try and make them myself but all the comments say they are great...ps i love the oats n honey too
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i eat the oats and honey bars pretty much every morning. I eat 2. I don't put anything on them love them plain. I agree that as long as your in your daily totals it is cool.

btw: I love those bars. love the crunchyness