New in Town

Options
Hey Everyone!
Well first of all, my name is Amanda. I was born and raised in PA and just recently moved to North Carolina for "new beginnings". I have no one here, no family no friends...just my son and I. Since I'm on the path of new beginnings, I decided to try, yet again, to lose weight.

I've always been the big girl. Not fat, when I was younger, just big. Well now that I am pushing 30, yeah I'm definitely fat. Plus having my son a year ago and some of the stresses that were going on the past year have not helped. I weighed at my heaviest this past week at 220 lbs, fully clothed. DEPRESSING.

I dont think I look 220, until I see pictures. Pictures were taken of me at my sons 1st birthday in May, talk about a slap in the face. So, being new to the area I had to see a doctor to establish myself. Obviously she told me that I am pushing morbid obesity. Those are some dirty words. I'm not gonna make excuses for myself. I do try and eat appropriately, but am definitely an emotional eater. I am active with my son, I walk regularly, we go to the park and I do aerobics "when I feel like it".

I am always exhausted and just attributed that to stress, working full time, and being a new single mom of a toddler. So after some blood work, we discussed my options. Obviously I need a kick in the butt, in the right direction. I can't afford a gym and don't even have time to go to the bathroom by myself when I get home from work. I feel so bad because there is so much I want to do with my son, but I just have no giddy up. So we decided to try Phentremine for 3 months. I started it on Thursday. I do have energy to burn to say the least. I am eating 1200 balanced calories a day, follow serving guidelines and stay away from sweets, plus I am drinking water till I float. I've been getting up an hour early to get a workout in, even if it is one of the YouTube 10 minute workouts.

So that brings me to fitnesspal. I figured I could check in here once or twice a day, and keep a record and visit with people and hear their stories. Plus, I kind of want to keep track of what I am capable of in 90 days. I am extremely competitive, so I am trying to make this a competition against myself. For the past 2 days, Ive felt really good, minus the being cooped up in a hospital all day for work. Hopefully this all pays off in the long run. Best wishes to all of you and hope to talk to some of you soon!