My first NSV!

Options
Krys_140
Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
It's actually a two-fer...

I got up this morning, and instead of lounging around as usual, I asked my 3 year old if she would like to go for a walk! We walked for 30 minutes, and would have gone much longer, but she was hungry and needed breakfast. I will definitely be doing that again. It felt so good!!

Then, while making breakfast, my hubby woke up and came downstairs. He immediately got the bacon out of the fridge - but I said, "no bacon for me today". He was shocked, and asked why. We have two parties to attend today, and I'm being smart about my calories.

OK, maybe there's one more in here, too... I also only ate until I was no longer hungry, instead of finishing everything on my plate. That meant that a 1/2 stack of pancakes went in the trash, but wow - what a difference MFP is already making in my life!!!

Thanks to all my new MFP friends for your support and encouragement. It is already changing my relationship with food!!!!!!!!

Replies

• hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's the little things that add up that make all the difference!
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    These are the healthy habits that make this about life, not diets! Good for you!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I also only ate until I was no longer hungry, instead of finishing everything on my plate. That meant that a 1/2 stack of pancakes went in the trash, but wow - what a difference MFP is already making in my life!!!

This. This was so hard to do. THROW AWAY food, I mean.

Awesome NSVs!:smile:
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Yay you!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good for you!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! I did not carry the conviction through this evening's festivities, but today's total calorie count would have been disastrous if I hadn't gotten off to a good start and had some great support waiting for me!

I am looking forward to a good, long walk tomorrow, even if I have to do it at the mall (it's raining right now).
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    Great! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!