be sure to note some dance moves.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Boss! Enjoy your hippity hop tickets, and don't take no jive. Be sure to get down with the get down!

Signed,

Person so old, her last concerts were Michael Buble and Patti LaBelle (Patti wasn't my choice. I do not wish to be shrieked to death).

Party on!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    super. even though thom yorke looks like he's the result of some kind of genetic splicing, he sure can sing purdy. let me know if they all have middle age spread now, wear jesus sandals with socks, make their own home made hemp knitted cardigans, and have flowing grey hippie hair! because 20 years ago (when they were at their finest IMHO) they were all studenty and cool. but people age strangely.

have fun though.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wow the stage fell down. I hope everyone is OK
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I need you to update this saying that you are fine. Then I will totally be ok with you talking about your radiohead tickets for the re-scheduled show for 6 months if needed. Just update and tell me you're fine.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I need you to update this saying that you are fine. Then I will totally be ok with you talking about your radiohead tickets for the re-scheduled show for 6 months if needed. Just update and tell me you're fine.
    ^^^This
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    prepare to have your mind BLOWN! :D
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Exactly, as she's not answering on FB either!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It seem that the gates were not opened.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I think she's okay, just saw this - http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/canada/Radiohead+concert+stage+collapses+Toronto+killing/6794371/story.html
    TORONTO - A massive stage collapse before a Radiohead concert at Toronto's Downsview Park has killed one person and injured several others, according to media reports.

No band members were believed to be on stage at the time of the collapse, but concert crew were working in the area at the time.

Radiohead cancelled their performance as a result.

The collapse occurred as thousands fans were already lining up outside.

National Post
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Actually, I quite enjoyed your Radiohead ticket sightings...I liked to see how long you were able to hold out before posting. :laugh: Have a great time!

ETA: well crap! I just saw about the stage...
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nice! I saw Coldplay 2 weeks ago, & I have Plan B tickets for next Saturday! :bigsmile:

you win
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Apparently there is a free Flaming Lips concert this evening and the Flaming Lips invited Radiohead to come play with them via Twitter. I'm going to trust that this is why she hasn't rushed to MFP to assuage my concerns for her safety.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Gutted. I still have Radiohead tickets. Useless ones. :sad:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Saw the news and thought of this thread. Hope you're okay, sorry about the show.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Oh i'm a bit jealous, I've never seen them in concert but when I saw R.E.M. in concert Thom Yorke came out for the encore and sang REM songs with Michael Stipe.

Hmmm, that happened when I saw them as well.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Very glad it happened before the show! I hope they re-schedule for you soon at least.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    *hijacks thread* I have tickets to see Green Day (again) in late August :3

And I know you're gonna take me with you, right? xD