Shirataki Noodle recipies?

Options
emtrem
emtrem Posts: 22 Member
Hello everyone,

Went to London today, (and saw the Queen!) but also found some 0 cal, 0 Carb Shirataki Noodles in a japanese supermarket. They are tastless on their own, but really soak up any flavours added to them. Not sure what to put with them. Any one got any recipies to share? Would be grateful for any ideas, thankyou. xxx

Replies

• annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    (1) Use them in a chicken or a beef soup. (2)put some spagetti sauce & some parmeasian cheese on them. (3) make Macaroni & cheese. they have a funny smell before you cook them, but when used according to directions...I thought they were fine. :wink:
  • emtrem
    Options
    Great ideas, thankyou :) ps your profile pic is wonderful. x
  • happydayzz
    happydayzz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Look up finallychelle on MFP=she has some GREAT recipes for very low cals :) i've used some myself!
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I posted this in a different post about using Laughing Cow cheese for recipes, since this also involves Shiritaki Noodles, I think I can post it here too.

2 wedges of LCC light swiss
    1/4 cup of plain unsweetened almond milk
    1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (or the ones in a jar already chopped, but I still prefer them fresh from the clove)
    2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (I personally use Vegeta brand seasoning)
    1 package of WildWood Spinach Fettuccine (you can use another Shiritaki noodle brand, but I think the WildWood brand is the best tasting and has more of a noodle feel to it)
    1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.

heat up a small sauce pan with the olive oil and saute the garlic until golden brown
    add the almond milk, cheese wedges and seasoning and stir under a medium to low heat
    drain the package of the spinach noodles and rinse it well, then add it to a pot of boiling water for 5min
    after the noodles have cooked for 5min, the sauce should be creamy and the cheese wedges should be fully melted.

drain the pasta and put it on the plate and top it off with the sauce.

eating the whole package + the cheese sauce should be around 225 to 260 calories total.

dindin.jpg

in this picture, I added some grilled chicken and also threw in some chopped tomatoes to the sauce mix
  • emtrem
    Options
    Thanks everyone - some great ideas here! Will def give them a try. xx
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just had some tonight, it was great and very simple.
    I sauteed mushrooms, green pepper, and red pepper in my wok. Then, I added some garlic salt and cumin. Last, I added the shirataki noodles and sprayed them with 0 cal olive oil spray. Came out pretty tastey!
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump