Ideas on how to curb eating when I get home from work.

Options
After 4.5 months of losing weight, this is still as big a problem now as it was in February. I come home from work and start cooking for husband and daughter but also grab snacks. It seems kind of obsessive/compulsive. How have you dealt with this situation.

Replies

• poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I plan a fairly large afternoon snack into my day. Even if it means a really small breakfast and lunch.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have a Greek yogurt as a snack, it's surprisingly filling :) and about 120 cals
  • TheMadRedhead1979
    Options
    I always have rice cakes on standby, low calorie and a nice crunch
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    Build a healthy snack into your diary for the day, and have a big glass of water when tempted to nibble anything else?!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I try to keep cut up veggies in my fridge. I make dip out of greek yogurt. But when I need a crunch and salt.... popchips! I like them more than the Special K chips.

I keep 100 calories almond packs in house too. Those are great for the purse.

Making sure your late afternoon snack has fiber and protein will help because you will be full.
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Before I get home, I call and ask someone at my house to turn the tea kettle on, and to pour my tea so all I have to do is add milk and sugar when I get home. Having a large mug of tea satisfies my sweets cravings and well... not every snack tastes good with hot tea. Also curbs my hunger until I make my supper. :)