just tried...

Options
my new bike shorts. as a reward for hitting the 50 pound mark, and keeping it off for two weeks, i stopped by my local bike store today and purchased bontrager casual bike shorts. came home and took my trek for a 35 minute ride. shorts take a little getting used to all the padding in the trunk, but my trunk is thanking my wallet for spending the money.

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    They might feel like you're wearing a diaper at first but you'll really appreciate them if you start doing any longer rides.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I love that you had to not just reach 50 pounds, but also keep it off for 2 weeks before you got the shorts. Congrats!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Try a gel seat for your bike. That way you can save on those higher priced bike shorts. (Graet ride!)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love that you had to not just reach 50 pounds, but also keep it off for 2 weeks before you got the shorts. Congrats!

my weight always fluctuates a few pounds within the week. so i figured by rewarding myself with the shorts as soon as i hit the 50 pound mark would really be me buying shorts before i *really* hit the goal of 50 pounds. but since i've been at the 53 pound mark for two or three weeks, i figured it was safe to purchase them.

thanks for the post...
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    They might feel like you're wearing a diaper at first but you'll really appreciate them if you start doing any longer rides.

that's exactly how i described it to the sales woman. she said i would get used to it. my rides aren't too long now, partly b/c of the discomfort, so i am hoping with my new shorts i can increase my miles a bit...