Who is your favorite band/ musical artist...

Options
123457»

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    be warned; music thread - i will judge the **** out of you.

I've made my judgements, a few I shook my head at. A couple of facepalms. One even made me shout an obscenity. I guess I should keep them to myself though - unless you all REALLY want to know???
    yer go on tell us. Say what you will, say what you want, I dont care what anyone says Freddie Mercury was one of if not the greatest male voices to ever grace this planet!

They say that musical tastes are subjective.

I can say that I do not like Queen's music. I can say that in my opinion Queen sounded awful. These could be facts and can't be disputed

What I can't say though is that Queen were an awful band. Or Queen did not make good music - They satisfied every single criteria for a good band, Success, critical aclaim, popularity, peer respect etc etc so regardless of whether someone likes them or not, they were undeniably good. As were the Beatles, Stones, etc. That cannot be said about One Direction or JLS or the latest popular boy band

As it happens I love Queen and Freddie Mercury was wonderful!
    man of my own heart.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    * Fountains of Wayne - The new CD, Sky Full of Holes, is remarkable.
    * The Grays - Ro Sham Bo CD (only one they ever did but it's a masterpiece)
    * Queen
    * Guthrie Govan - best guitarist in the world without question - if you doubt this go to YouTube, seach his name, and spend an hour or so being blown away.
    * Monte Montgomery
    * Jeff Beck

My favorite genre is powerpop, but I listen to classic rock, southern rock, alternative, classical and just about anything else.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Foo Fighters
    Five for Fighting
    Matchbox 20
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Def Leppard
    Van Halen
    Foreigner
    Kansas
    Guns N Roses