Scale help!!

Options
My scale is constantly changing my weight, I'll step on it 6 times in a row and it changes every time, move it and it's different, etc. I'm getting pretty sick of it. Can you guys suggest a scale that works for you that's cheap? I'm very poor.

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The scale is definitely not on carpet or an uneven floor? If it's not then you're right, it's bust. I have two tanita scales and I've always found them accurate. Only have two because one measures visceral fat and it has to stay in the kitchen because it doesn't work on other floor surfaces, the other one is in the bathroom and is less sensitve to floors.
  • babygotback560
    babygotback560 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have the weight watcher scale and i love it...i hated my old one... scales costed 20 bucks...
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i have the weight watcher scale and i love it...i hated my old one... scales costed 20 bucks...

This is the one I use also
  • kbarnick
    kbarnick Posts: 36
    Options
    I second the uneven floor thing. When I use my scale on carpet it gives me uneven readings, but on a hard surface it is a lot more consistent!
  • catnfiddle
    catnfiddle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can relate a lot to this! My scale sometimes even changes readings on different places on the bathroom tiles... I reccomend using other methods of tracking to keep track of in addition to weight. I keep measurements of my bust, waist, hips, etc & don't give much concern to scale weight after the decimal point. If you want a new scale but don't want to pay for it, many gyms have good quality ones available.

...Or see if you can find a friend who doesn't like their scale anymore :P
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know a lot of people who like the weight watchers scale. I might try that out!
  • StacyPervis
    Options
    Throw the scale in the garbage. Go do your exercise, follow your meal plan and use how you look and feel as the measuring stick. The scale Varies based on many things. The way your clothes fit, the way you feel looking in the mirror or the way you see yourself is much more accurate and feels much better.
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    Scales are evil and addicting lol. I measure my weight loss by how my pants fit...I don't even measure, I can see and feel the difference when I drop a few pounds. I will get weighed when I go to the docs again and that is good enough for me.