Just made cookies out of Chick peas and they were great!

Options
Megooo19
Megooo19 Posts: 199
You can find the recipe here:

http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip.html

Everyone in my house said ew your making cookies out of what? But then I made everyone try one and they all said "wow those are actually good."

Just wanted to share my find :)

Replies

• Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    thanks for posting this! I pinned a chick pea cookie recipe on pinterest the other day, but haven't made it yet. Good to know they taste great!
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have got to try!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I made a bowl of chickpea cookie dough one time.. it was tasty! Never thought to actually bake them. great idea =)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will definitely have to try them. But need to figure out the calorie/carb count. :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    looks divine!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hmm I may have to try these!:) They sound interesting and would be a great way to incorporate good food into a yummy snack!:)
  • vkahlenberg
    vkahlenberg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I have tried a Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie made from beans (recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie). It was also fabulous. I like to use white beans over garbanzo, as they have a less distinct flavor. Both were great, though, and if you don't tell anyone, they would never guess there were beans in it. I must try this one.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    now I have a good reason to move the food processor my mother gave me from the garage into the house!!!:bigsmile: thank you for sharing...
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying these, they sound delicious. People are usually surprised about using beans in pastries but beans are naturally sweet and taste delicious in desserts. You can find plenty of Asian desserts with beans in them, especially mung beans.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I made chocolate chip blondies with beans(from Chocolate Covered Katie.. Her blog is amazing!) I made everyone I could try them, they loved them! I'm going to be addicted to making desserts with beans now!
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will give them a try!! Do you know the calorie content?
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    Going to have to try these. Thanks!
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have heard of brownies with black beans being good, so this might be one to try making without my family seeing what is going into it.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I ended up with 21 cookies (not perfectly measured out) at about 83 calories each, 10 carbs, 2g protein 2g fiber.