What helps me through my slow weight loss progress.

Options
So i have been here since March and only lost 6 lbs. This could be depressing but it isn't. Sure it is frustrating as I want the weight off yesterday but I am getting monthly feedback that helps me. I decided I couldn't lose the weight on my own. i thought something was wrong with me so I had myself checked out at the doctor. Several things happened. I had body composition done. I love this. It shows me my weight, the amount of fat and muscle in my body, where i am at health wise and where I should be. She prescribed me some medicine (not a miracle worker, it helps), told me to ease off on the cardio and concentrate on weight training. So i just went in for my monthly check up. Yes I gained .3 kg from the month before. IF i only relied on this I would be upset. But I gained .5 kg in muscle and lost .5kg in fat. The month before I lose 1.2 kg of fat I have only gained muscle, not lost any since March and my weight loss has been mostly fat, with a little water. I am becoming more excited to see the fat loss number rather than the scale number. On top of that, I like to see where I lose the fat in my body. I am glad I have chosen not to go it alone. It has been very helpful to me.

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'd love to get my body composition done sometime. Weight taken off slowly is usually more permanent, anyway. It took me a year to lose the 30 lbs I kept on after having my baby, it was discouraging at times but not giving up is the main thing! :) WTG on your progress.