on pre op diet for weight loss surgery its tough!

Options
I am on a very restricted diet low fat low sugar and its a bit tough and I have two weeks of this!!!

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Whatever your reasons for surgery just think you are already into this program. You can do it. I wish you well. You've done it so far. Put one foot infront of the other one day at a time and your 2 weeks will be over.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    The preop diet is the worst part. I had 2 weeks of nothing but protein shakes and one very small meal of a dense protein and non-starchy veggie. It is very important to follow it to the letter. The whole purpose of it is to shrink your liver (since most of us had fatty liver issues) up and get it out of the surgeons way. You can do this. Just keep your eye on the prize and know that you will come out on the other side better for it! Good luck!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 stone plus since the end of Jan and I have been very strict with myself. I think its the rebellious side of me not liking being told what I can and can't eat. 50 grams of meat or fish seems such a tiny amount! I am aslo quite emotional and wondering if that is due to the lack of sugar in my new diet. Oh well 1 day down 13 to go!
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    HMM, it almost sounds like you are looking at this as a punishment. Look at the positive. You have been given an opportinity to have the biggest impact you could possibly have on your life. You will be sooo pumped when you start to see the significant results & have people compliment you on your success. Keep positive & thank God every day for giving you each beautiful day to enjoy & this opportunity.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have waited 18 months for this and have worked very hard over the past 5 months to lose the weight I have and I know the hard work will continue after the op. I think it is just hitting me that this means the op is less than 2 weeks away and then my eating will change forever but hopefully so will my shape and attitude towards food. I have had so much support over the past months and even tho I have a long way to go I can see changes in my body and face already which bodes well for the future. It will probably be much easier once I am back to work after the weekend as I will be too busy to be stressing about what I can and can't eat!