HELP! I went over my daily calories!

Options
Help!!

So I went 77 calories OVER my daily limit the other day and now I am truly scared that I have messed up my weight loss for the entire week. I have been really really good about it otherwise, but unfortunately I forgot to measure my pasta yesterday and I ate entirely too much with dinner!

Can anyone tell me from personal experience, will this little extra mess up my weight loss this week?! I really hope not. Thanks, for the help as always.

Replies

• happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Nah. You're good! :-)

If I logged my booze, I'm sure I'd be a MILLION BILLION over at least a couple times of week...but I'm still losing at a really good rate!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Help!!

So I went 77 calories OVER my daily limit the other day and now I am truly scared that I have messed up my weight loss for the entire week. I have been really really good about it otherwise, but unfortunately I forgot to measure my pasta yesterday and I ate entirely too much with dinner!

Can anyone tell me from personal experience, will this little extra mess up my weight loss this week?! I really hope not. Thanks, for the help as always.

you will have a defict of 500 to lose 1lb a week, you would have to go 500 over your goal to get to Maintenance, and then another 3500 over to gain 1lb.

77 calories is a drop in the ocean - go for a walk or dance around your living room for 15 minutes. Bngo, 77 calories used up.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Well this much overspend really should not bother you. But if you are really worried just do some exercise or running and burn those calories in half an hour. I believe on some days you can go over your daily goal to cater for the cravings but then in the coming days you can adjust you calories intake to manage rest of the week. My advise you should not be worried about that but do burn it out if you want to feel comfortable about it:)
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Yes you are doomed forever.

Not sure if serious.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You messed up - it's ok. I've done that before (probably many times) but hey, it's only one day (one meal actually) - it's not going to discount the other 6 days of the week. You got back on track - that's a good thing. Don't let it derail you.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's a little math for you to help you not panic: Although it is not an exact science, it is estimated that to gain or lose a single pound of fat, you need to add or subtract 3500 calories from your maintenance calories. So in order to put on even half a pound, you would have to go over your MAINTENANCE by 1750 calories. If you're trying to lose weight, your goal calories already have you working at a deficit anyways. 77 calories is negligible! In general if you're within 100 calories of your goal in either direction, you're probably fine. Don't stress! If you're really worried, go for a short walk; you can burn off those 77 calories in around 20 minutes if you keep up a moderate pace. Deep breaths! You're fine :)
  • chloeraesmommy
    Options
    If i go over and its not a workout day and go outside and walk or hop on my bike and burn it off
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, actualy I change my mind. Sweat it off, it won't take you long. Add a walk to your day and it will even out.
    But no, it would take so much more than that to mess up your week.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Relax Your doing fine. You can slip up just get back on track tomorrow. :smile:
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    You messed up - it's ok. I've done that before (probably many times) but hey, it's only one day (one meal actually) - it's not going to discount the other 6 days of the week. You got back on track - that's a good thing. Don't let it derail you.

She hasn't messed up. Going over by that amount will enable her to still lose the weight she wants to lose per week.

Don't worry about it girl. Even if you went over by 200 it's okay. Every day isn't perfect.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and forget about it! Sometimes a calorie spike can make you lose more!
  • RochelleR81
    Options
    workout and work it off
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Help!!

No you'll be fine.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Not to sound crass, but 79 calories is NOTHING. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with being even 200 over. It certainly will not hurt you in the tiniest bit.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options

She hasn't messed up. Going over by that amount will enable her to still lose the weight she wants to lose per week.

Don't worry about it girl. Even if you went over by 200 it's okay. Every day isn't perfect.

Oops, you are right she hasn't messed up; that's not how I mean it all OP. I should have said 'You went over - it's ok'. guess I should proof my posts better before I post. :blushing: Sorry OP
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If this is a serious question, do not worry about it. Unless you have a full lab monitoring exactly how much food you eat and are hooked up to measure exactly how many calories you are burning, then there is no way to know if you were actually over by 77 calories. 100-200 calories either way is probably a safe zone. Especially since everyone's body is different.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of thinking that will derail you. Calorie counts in general are not perfect. You might see a calorie count in the database but unless you actually had it tested in a lab the counts are pretty close but not exact. Then there is the guessing that comes from portion sizes. Is it a small apple or a medium apple. Do you always log exact measurements in everything you consume such as the gram weight or total ounces for what you are logging? No one can be perfect enough to be sure about 77 calories in the course of a week.

I guess what I am really trying to say is if you get so wrapped up in the tiny little details you lose sight of the big picture and that is where you will get stuck and feel frustrated by the whole process. Try not to sweat the small stuff as they say and keep doing the best you can each day. Expect small setbacks and be prepared to keep on trying.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Help!!

Oh hun 77 calories is nothing! I went over my calories a couple times last week by 200-300 and I still lost 2 pounds at my weigh in! You are doing great! You can always add on a few minutes to your next workout to make yourself feel better.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Nah. You're good! :-)

If I logged my booze, I'm sure I'd be a MILLION BILLION over at least a couple times of week...but I'm still losing at a really good rate!

I went a million billion over once. I blame nachos.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've gone over in my calories and I've still managed to lose 14 lbs in 4 months. Going over 77 is such a small amount, it shouldn't make too much difference. If you were to be going over hundreds of calories every day, then you should work harder to consume less and exercise more, but if you went over 77 only one day in the week, there's no need to stress.