Why can't I see it?

Options
I get complimented/hit on fairly often but I honestly feel AWFUL about my appearance! I get positive feedback enough to know that my thinking is WRONG but I can't help it :( Does anyone else have this problem or good advice?

Replies

• SaintsK
    SaintsK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I do have the same problem. Many people tell me I am beautiful, that I am sexy . .s o on and so forth . . and yet I can not see it. All I see is what is wrong . . .

It's frustrating for both myself and those complimenting me.
  • cuddlesworth
    cuddlesworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How often during the day do you try to give yourself positive self talk? THat can help...how long have u felt that way about yourself?
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I get complimented/hit on fairly often but I honestly feel AWFUL about my appearance! I get positive feedback enough to know that my thinking is WRONG but I can't help it :( Does anyone else have this problem or good advice?

You are gorgeous, snap out of it. But seriously our self image has a lot to do with our personalites, brain chemistry, childhood and as cuddles said, negative self-talk. Not a simple subject to deal with for sure. I often feel the same way, but I'm not actually attractive like you...
  • jgotteiner
    jgotteiner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6 lbs and I don't see any difference. No one has noticed. I need to lose about 20 more. I wonder what it takes to make and see a difference
    I was at 220 and now at 214 6 feet tall.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sure. I get complimented. I also get honked at and a bunch of other stuff, but to me, my face is never going to be pretty. I'll never be the woman who guys find really attractive. I have issues, I know it. I tried therapy but that didn't really work for me. So I just deal with it. Most days I'm OK with myself.

I will tell you that a diary will help probably (write it but don't read the entries) and standing in front of the mirror and telling yourself you are beautiful helps, too. Not always, but most of the time.

{{HUG}}