Support and friends needed :)

Options
Hi, I'm Jess~ I have been on and off of this rollercoaster of weight gain. Sure, I could blame certain meds, but I'm in control of what I eat, right. While enlisted in the Navy, I hated to run and didn't run much- nevermind that I was a corpsman (medic). So when I got out of the service I must have weighed about 140. I'm now 204, 4.5 years later. Now, let's do some math.... About 16 pounds per year of weight gain. (dividing by 4 years). I got up to 155 May 2008. Between May 2008 and May 2009 I ballooned to 165 (guess funky eatting habits and working nights in ICU didn't help with all the take out) I married my husband weight 180 5/14/10. I managed to yo yo between 186 - 196 while in medical assisting school. I was 196/198 April 2012 and here I am, June 2012 at 204. That is my story.
The plan: Gym it up!!! 40/45 minutes to an HOUR 6-7 x per week. Matter of fact I am considering repeating this morning's cardio in an hour or 2.
LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS BAD?
Avoid any and every food that I cannot account for calorie wise.
Increase h20 intake
Stop with the chocolate!
My goal is to get to 130. That is 74lbs of loss. I do not know how fast or slow it will go but I anticipate some bumps in the road.
SO WORTH IT!!!!

Replies

• monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, that's great! I think what your doing is good and i hope you succeed! :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can add me we can motivate each other.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bravo for taking charge!

Your plan sounds amazing. But I'd be careful not to try too much too quickly. Best to try for one workout per day to start, for example, and don't go so overboard that you're sore and drained and prone to giving up after the first week or so. ANY movement is better than none -- give yourself credit for walking to the mailbox and back or taking the dog out for half an hour -- that's exercise, too!

(Obviously you've been through bootcamp, so you know how to exercise -- forgive me for stating the obvious or telling you not to do something you know you're capable of!)

Most important, for me at least, is keeping track of everything that you put in your mouth. Keep yourself accountable to yourself and you're half-way there!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
    I never liked running much because the first block always made me feel like death... so I found stuff that I LOVED doing! I think that's the key really. I love being on the beach, so I use to play sand volley ball. I love shopping, so I do mall power walks with the girls. You can do it, just keep yourself accountable! Tiffany Rothe has great youtube work outs if you don't enjoy sit ups or running in place!