Healthy lasagna recipe?

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
Heeeey guys, I was looking around for a healthy lasagna recipe. I tried looking on the site but couldn't really find one. Anyone got some ideas? Nutritional info would be great, too! :-)

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I made healthy lasagna before.

use Healthy choice sauce, whole wheat lasagna noodles, low fat ricotta cheese, 99% fat free ground turkey for the meat, and low moisture skim milk mozzarella for the top cheese. It's about 1/2 the calories as normal lasagna. I did the numbers once a long time ago. If you do 2 layers of meat and 3 layers of noodles I think it comes to about 450 calories for a 3x2 inch serving (about 5 oz). But it's a very healthy 450 calories.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

use Healthy choice sauce, whole wheat lasagna noodles, low fat ricotta cheese, 99% fat free ground turkey for the meat, and low moisture skim milk mozzarella for the top cheese. It's about 1/2 the calories as normal lasagna. I did the numbers once a long time ago. If you do 2 layers of meat and 3 layers of noodles I think it comes to about 450 calories for a 3x2 inch serving (about 5 oz). But it's a very healthy 450 calories.

Yum, that sounds awesome!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    want a really EASY and healthy one? look on the back of the box of instant lasagne noodles...the non-pre-cook kind. it is a recipe for spinach lasagna...and it is to DIE for...even my kids gobble it up!!!

Cindy
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options

Sounds VERY YUMMY!!! :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't have the nutritional info off hand but I make lasagna with ground turkey spiced up for the meat and zuchini slices as the noodles. Cindy :heart:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    You might also check the website eatingwell.com - they have great healthy recipes. You made me hungry for lasagna so I found a recipe there for a spinach, sausage mushroom one - uses whole wheat noodles and turkey sausage - 333 calories per square.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I don't have the nutritional info off hand but I make lasagna with ground turkey spiced up for the meat and zuchini slices as the noodles. Cindy :heart:

Wow! I was wondering if that could be done! I was thinking either eggplant or Zuchini!!! Great idea Cindy!
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    check out the cook yourself thin version on mylifetime.com (google) :flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    check out the cook yourself thin version on mylifetime.com (google) :flowerforyou:

I love cook yourself thin!!