How do u stop yourself from eating what u crave????

Options
:ohwell:

Replies

• threeta
    threeta Posts: 2
    Options
    drink water
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I don't keep it in the house, or if it is I put it somewhere, where it will take more work than it's worth to get.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Remove sugar from your diet.

Eat real food not artificial low fat/ sugar free substitutes--I noticed that eating real food changed my happiness and satisfaction a LOT!!

Find something you're allowed to eat (within the parameters of your plan ) and enjoy that.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Willpower. The more you exercise it, the easier it becomes.

Moderation and portion control. If it fits your macros/calorie goal, it won't hurt you to indulge every now and then.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    To put it short - I don't. If I want something, I just get a small portion. Usually my craving is satisfied by a small amount, and not the big pile I used to eat. I eat a little, then wait. Usually the craving passes quickly after that.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I wish I new. Lately my thing is peanut butter. Today I ate 6 tbs plain cuz I craved it. I tried water, brushing my teeth, chewing gum and exercise to get rid of the craving but I failed and ate it. Now I'm 1000+ over my intake :(
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I think of the progress I've made in my weight loss, and consider if the temporary pleasure of the craving is worth sacrificing my long term weight loss goals. I also started eating almond and raisins mix as a snack...i've convinced myself it's just as delicious as a snickers bar.
  • coolswim11
    Options
    gum. gum. gum.
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Find a healthy substitute and think about why you're trying to get healthy.
  • 40Club
    40Club Posts: 47
    Options
    I keep positive alternatives on hand. For example, I keep almonds or 100 calorie popcorn around the house to offset any desires for something salty or chips. Or as a substitute for chocolate I'll keep chocolate protein powder on hand for a quick shake or those Weight Watchers Smart Delights (little cup of dessert). Just some of my examples.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it!
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What I found that helps is first of all don't have the item in the house whats so ever. If you get a craving drink a glass of water if that doesn't help then do 20 squats, 20 jumping jacks, and 20 lunges if your still craving your proably hungry for something and you should eat something healthy.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    -dont keep it around you

-learn why its unhealthy and what it does to your body

-think of what your goal is and if its worth postponing it for that moment of "pleasure"
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I go for a short walk down the street
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's a very good question I was asking myself a while ago when I would have loved to have eaten a few cookies.

I made myself a cup of chamomile tea (fake sugar) and that solved the cravings. I don't think I'm really hungry. Are you hungry?

Ruth
    :ohwell:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Not keeping it in the house makes you think twice about really wanting it or not. That said if I really want it I fit it in to my calories for the day and if necessary do extra exercise.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I was just contemplating this question today. Everyone on here has great ideas and I pretty much know what to do, but I tend to turn my back on what is good for me when I am having that serious craving and then I feel like **** after!!! I believe I just have to apply the knowledge I have into what is right for me personally. Not an easy task to do!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    for me it's pizza. I'll have 2 slices every other week. just for 1 meal not the entire day. Over time the cravings went away since I wasn't completely depriving myself of it. For me portion control and moderation works best instead of cutting something out entirely.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I don't. If I REALLY want something that badly, I just eat it. It makes more sense to eat 200 calories of chocolate vs eating 1000 calories of other stuff trying to ignore the craving for the chocolate.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Sex. Lots of sex.

Note, I'm 15lbs over my goal weight again.../sigh.