Hello, new to sight but not lifestyle change for 2009

Options
Hello everybody, found this cool site and found it to be very helpful in my journey to a better more healthy life. I started my lifestyle change on new years day this year and tipped the scale at 296lbs. I have always thought that I would NEVER get to 300lbs, but there I was. As of today, my first entry into the message board of this wonderful site I am down to 243lbs, on my way to 150, my goal. Looking forward to any help or advice you wonderful folks can offer. I am diabetic and sometimes diets are very hard for me to do, with having to monitor blood sugar and all. However I want to live a long healthy life and I know losing the weight is necessary for that to happen. So I want to drop a total of 146lbs, and am always looking for advice and guidance from those of you who have had great success and are diabetic!

Many thanks!

Woody:smile:

255799.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    WOW! You were doing so wonderfully on your own, wait until you get the added encouragement and support that you can get on here!

Welcome!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started. I started at 275 and was already down to 220 when I started MFP. It will only get easier now that you've found this site and the support that will help you. My goal is similar to yours, I want to be about 140 which is about half the original me!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: