Waffle House

Tomorrow my husband wants to go to waffle house for breakfast on Father's Day. I never been there before. If I want to eat good to stay under my calorie intake does anyone know which is a good choice to pick on the menu to eat?

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    ummm... they have salads :wink:
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    They have toast and you can have your eggs made to order however you like :)
  • laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/search/?q=waffle+house

here is the calorie count for waffle house enjoy your breakfast
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Last time I went to a Waffle House they didnt offer egg whites or eggbeaters :grumble:
    My advice to you would be to be moderate with your choices. Scrambled egg, wheat toast..etc. It's in the morning so you can log what you eat and then work your day around it. You will have the whole day to burn it off :happy:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    That is good to know :). I am always thinking of all types of waffle's pounds of calories with chocolate chip, blueberry, tons of sugar lol. Salad is always good.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    I love Waffle House. Their smothered scatter covered hashbrown or whatever they callit are awesome. They do have a few healthy things you can eat like salads, chicken grilled, and chicken sandwhich, and I want to say they have soup as well. Then again, ive never eaten there sober. I so want it now.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    I get a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bread. It's good stuff.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    I used to be a manager there. I advise to stay away from omelets unless it's old fashioned. Order things like hashbrowns steamed. They have soups and salads that aren't awful. You can have your eggs poached. They have lean hams and I think you'll be just fine. Too many cooks see how much oil they use when they cook-- so keep em in check.:smile:
  • Marcus0716
    Marcus0716 Posts: 3 Member
    Water, everything else is nothing but carbs and calories and sugar
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    I love Waffle House. Their smothered scatter covered hashbrown or whatever they callit are awesome. They do have a few healthy things you can eat like salads, chicken grilled, and chicken sandwhich, and I want to say they have soup as well. Then again, ive never eaten there sober. I so want it now.

I was just thinking the same thing...love the hashbrowns and can't really remember the rest of the menu...oh yeah, because I don't often go there unless I've been out drinking.

OP-I think we are going to IHOP tomorrow. Hope your husband has a happy Father's Day!!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    I love love love love love wafflehouse. It tastes sooo good.

Plus, you never have to worry about the calories because the food will be out of you before you leave the store.
  • omggg now i wanna go to waffle house, god i love that place, you'll love anything that you order there :) but alot of their stuff is high calorie
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    The only "healthy" thing there....is probably water lol. Just kidding make sure you workout before you go and you'll be able to enjoy the salads or sandwiches.
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    I ate there this morning. Could not find much nutrition information online but did some searching for similar items. Had 1/2 a pecan waffle (my husband and I like to share stuff) with 1/2 package of their buttery spread and 2 Tablespoons of syrup plus one piece of bacon and a cup of coffee. I calculated 308 calories. They will prepare eggs however you want them, even cooked in a separate pan without oil. The only thing I find as a problem is they don't have fruit or yogurt. I actually got some fruit later to eat. Relax and enjoy your breakfast with your husband. It is not like it will happen every day.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Two eggs max
    Just one carb - whole wheat toast or hashbrown, not both. (Eating too many carbs is what usually happens when we eat out)
    Orange juice . . .
    Coffee

That said, I would go there and eat something more exciting myself. I like that half a pecan waffle idea, see if they have sugar free syrup which saves a ton of calories. They often do, because alot of old people (diabetics) eat at these waffle places and they often have diet syrup if you ask.

My favorite trick for great syrup at home is I mix real maple syrup half and half with 0 calorie syrup (such as Walden Farms) half the calories, and great taste and consistency. Tastes much better than any lite syrup.

Ruth
    Tomorrow my husband wants to go to waffle house for breakfast on Father's Day. I never been there before. If I want to eat good to stay under my calorie intake does anyone know which is a good choice to pick on the menu to eat?
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Gross! Or at least the one in my town. The freaking cook was puffing away at his cigarette while cooking our food. Wouldn't be surprised if he dropped ashes on food. The other 2 employee's were just sitting at a table smoking and talking. I have no problem with people smoking, but wait till your done cooking at least! Jesus Christ! Other than that, the food was eatable, but not the greatest. The prices are cheap, too.