Forerunner Question

I am looking for a new Garmin forerunner. I have the 205, but it's bulky and is being finicky with charging lately (I guess I didn't do too bad, considering how much I sweat on it, even if the thing's only 4 years old). I am leaning towards the 210 because it seems like the easiest to use. The 405/410 have touch screens and me and touch screens don't get along so well. I ruled out the 110 because it doesn't do current pace. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PeakToValley
    PeakToValley Posts: 8 Member
    I have the 210 and like it. It's my first GPS watch so I have nothing to compare it to. But like you I was leery of getting one with any sort of touch screen or bezel. Anyway, there are a couple of minor annoyances but overall I've been happy with it. I've had it for four or five months now...
  • scotrunner
    scotrunner Posts: 87 Member
    Hey there,

I have the forerunner 110 and it does do current pace. While you are running the screen shows distance at the top, time in the middle and pace at the bottom. When you go into history you get a summary of the distance, time, average pace and average heart rate (if you have the HRM version) and if you want to see splits etc you need to connect to the garmin site. I like it although I would love an upgrade where I can get speed alerts and do interval training with it. Just wanted to clarify what the 110 does!

Lorraine
  • El_Rapido
    El_Rapido Posts: 97 Member
    The 405/410 have touch screens and me and touch screens don't get along so well.

I have a 410, it doesn't have a touchscreen, it has a bezel which has been updated and doesn't share the flaws the earlier bezel models had, I previously had a 305. I'm very happy with my 410.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    The consensus at my running club is that the 205/305 are still the best value - you can pick them up for about £100. The newer models are better (except the 405 which doesn't work when you sweat) but cost a lot more.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I got a 610 after my much loved 305 croaked. I was leery about the touch screen at first but 6 months later it's functioned flawlessly. (If I could have waited I would have gotten the 910 but that's only because it's multi-sport & waterproof)
  • mbcasey2009
    mbcasey2009 Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks everybody! I have obviously been reading conflicting reviews on the garmin/amazon sites. Much appreciated. Now I just have to decide on how much money I want to drop on the dang thing.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I had a 201, 205, 405 and now I have a 610.

The 405 touch bezel was a nightmare. Every time it got wet (with sweat) the watch thought I was pressing the touch bezel.

I have no issues with the touch screen on the 610. I sweat all over it and have no troubles at all.