Do you only stay within your goal?

Options
Calorie wise, do you only stay within your goal, no matter how active you are?

Example: I'm VERY active because of my job in the summers. I am outside in the heat sweating and walking all over the place. I average 7 miles a day I walk at work in an 8 hour shift. I also do group exercise classes or do machines at the gym 5 - 6 days a week, and daily do some yoga to get my arthritis loosened up. So I consistently am starving and going over my goal, but am usually still within my "remaining" calories. Friday I was 300+ over my "goal" but still 1400 under my remaining. I walked 11.28 miles on Friday in addition to my morning yoga routine.

I have 100 lbs to lose and I'm trying to be super serious about this. Because of some medications I put on a lot of weight really fast. I am trying to stop from being in pain all the time.

So far I'm losing weight but I worry that after a bit this will be difficult to maintain at a loss and I will have to cut what I eat. But I'm always hungry when I get home from work so I have to eat something and it usually needs to be a balanced small meal.

Replies

• jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    There is a lot of debate about whether exercise calories should be eaten back or not. If ppl catch onto it in this thread I'm sure it will blow up with responses really fast! So to put my two cents in I eat back some of my exercise calories if I need them or if not I don't. If i feel hungry or if i feel exausted i eat. It's a good idea to keep your body fueled consistently. I don't know as far as meds go. When there are meds involved that cause weight gain it makes it much more difficult. Good luck with it!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I gaine weigh because of medication as well. As said, your body needs fuel. Sometimes, when I´m under the goal, the site tells me I´m eating to little and that it can slow down my metabolism. Eat more without worry, but eat the rigth stuff, healthy.