Ode to Father's Everywhere...Thank you/Happy Father's Day!

Options
<-- In honor of father's day. I absolutely will not say "the best father ever". (cause isn't everyone's the best?). I will say, I have "the absolute best father ever for me"! The pic is of my twin sis, my father, and myself. A small glimpse of my life....my twin sis and I are adopted. The "adoption people" tried to adopt us out to separate families (we would've never known each other exist). My mother and father did their research...and left no child behind. I"m sooo very, very, very grateful! I am very blessed. Anyway, this was a little about me.....Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Daddy's!!

Replies

• aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    What is your story..about any wonderful father, father figure, or any wonderful person in your life?
  • aimsteen
    Options
    Well, guess I'm pretty boring. lol!!! Bump
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful story!

My father is a wonderful father, he has been raising kids for 40 years! the youngest finaly left the nest last year and he is officially retired. My father has been married three times,, I am the child from the first marriage...he raised his second and third wives children builing and maintaining relationships with all of "his" children.
    My dad has been self less, he has always put his family first, and given us his very best.He loved, protected and educated each of his children, he never made a difference between any of us,(although we know the baby girl is his favorite:grumble: :grumble: :bigsmile: ..lol...we all hold a special place in his heart, Me because I am the first child, the child of his youth, the middle girl because she is the most sensitive, the baby girl because she is the most sweetest of us all and of course the "boy" as we call him, because after three girls my dad finaly got to raise a son...LOL..although we were not raised together in the same household at the same time we have manage to build a bond...that tie that bonds us is the man we all share, MY Dad.. I love him, I respect him and I am grateful to have a man like that to call my Father.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    <
    That's my father right there with my daughter. He is my hero and a great inspiration. He was big on tough love and taught me that the world is not fair and you have to earn everything you want/have. I've been told multiple times in my life that the best thing about my personality is my thick skin. I've had a tough life, but thanks to the great father figure i had in my life, I never forgot how special, beautiful and strong I am. I would be NOTHING without him.
  • aimsteen
    Options

My father is a wonderful father, he has been raising kids for 40 years! the youngest finaly left the nest last year and he is officially retired. My father has been married three times,, I am the child from the first marriage...he raised his second and third wives children builing and maintaining relationships with all of "his" children.
    My dad has been self less, he has always put his family first, and given us his very best.He loved, protected and educated each of his children, he never made a difference between any of us,(although we know the baby girl is his favorite:grumble: :grumble: :bigsmile: ..lol...we all hold a special place in his heart, Me because I am the first child, the child of his youth, the middle girl because she is the most sensitive, the baby girl because she is the most sweetest of us all and of course the "boy" as we call him, because after three girls my dad finaly got to raise a son...LOL..although we were not raised together in the same household at the same time we have manage to build a bond...that tie that bonds us is the man we all share, MY Dad.. I love him, I respect him and I am grateful to have a man like that to call my Father.

I love your story... you have an amazing father. I know you couldn't be happier!! Have a wonderful day celebrating your father!!
  • aimsteen
    Options
    <
    That's my father right there with my daughter. He is my hero and a great inspiration. He was big on tough love and taught me that the world is not fair and you have to earn everything you want/have. I've been told multiple times in my life that the best thing about my personality is my thick skin. I've had a tough life, but thanks to the great father figure i had in my life, I never forgot how special, beautiful and strong I am. I would be NOTHING without him.

I love this! Sounds like your father is an awesome role model! Have fun celebrating his day tomorrow! Beautiful pic!!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    <

I love this! Sounds like your father is an awesome role model! Have fun celebrating his day tomorrow! Beautiful pic!!

Thanks!
  • aimsteen
    Options
    Bump one more time...I know there are so many deserving father's out there. Happy Father's Day from me, to you! From a mother who adores her hubs, and the help he offers, I would love to extend a very huge THANK YOU! And, not to ignore the beautiful single father's, THANK YOU!...you are awesome, and we love/appreciate you so much!! Thank you and Happy Father's Day!!

How great is your dad?
  • aimsteen
    Options
    Oh, and if you're a wonderful dad...let us know so we can thank you!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am lucky enough to have 2 dads! :)

But yes! A big super thank you to the dads out there. And to all the moms that do the dad thing for their kids too.
  • aimsteen
    Options
    But yes! A big super thank you to the dads out there. And to all the moms that do the dad thing for their kids too.
    [/quote]

Agreed! =) Thank you!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My own dad passed away several years ago but he was an exceptional father. Even though my parents were divorced, he always made sure I knew how much he valued our time together, even though it was never nearly enough. I never had to wonder how much he loved me because he always made sure I knew. Even though I didn't have him in my life for as long as I'd like, I'll never forget what an amazing person he was, not just to me but to everyone he knew. I miss him bunches.

Also, my husband simply couldn't be a better father. He ALWAYS puts our boys first. They are very lucky to have such a devoted, selfless dad. He works really long hours. But, he'll come home dead-tired to 3 playful, energetic boys and make time to play with them before he does anything else.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I love your story... you have an amazing father. I know you couldn't be happier!! Have a wonderful day celebrating your father!!
    Thank you, and I love your story...we have amazing men in our lives!!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    My own dad passed away several years ago but he was an exceptional father. Even though my parents were divorced, he always made sure I knew how much he valued our time together, even though it was never nearly enough. I never had to wonder how much he loved me because he always made sure I knew. Even though I didn't have him in my life for as long as I'd like, I'll never forget what an amazing person he was, not just to me but to everyone he knew. I miss him bunches.

Also, my husband simply couldn't be a better father. He ALWAYS puts our boys first. They are very lucky to have such a devoted, selfless dad. He works really long hours. But, he'll come home dead-tired to 3 playful, energetic boys and make time to play with them before he does anything else.
    Aw! I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Mine is a gentle giant, as are/were all the men in my family. As a willing retired servant of his country, Dad knows how to get things done while stepping on as few toes as possible, which is handy when helping me deal with the many challenges of being disabled.
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My dad is hella good at hide and seek.. 18 years and I still can't find him. Haha dad where u at tho