Women Over 60 Trying to Get in Shape

Options
Ladies - I just turned 62 yesterday and began a journey of weight loss and fitness two weeks ago. I have lost 21 pounds as of today's weigh-in so I am very excited and encouraged! I set a goal to lose 100 pounds within one year and have even set up a website - check it out www.zaftictosvelte.com and follow along! Any other "mature" women that are taking the same journey? I thought we might help each other and share some good and/or tough times while doing so. Take care of yourself too.:love: From the great State of Florida - Nanny

Replies

• can3mwh
    can3mwh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out your blog site, nicely done. It will be a pleasure following you on your journey. May it go well.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday....I'm a bit younger than you but on the same journey you are. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll do the same. One day at a time, one pound at a time. Let's travel this next year together :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    60 here.Feel free to add me.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Motivating each other is so important. Welcome and all the best. I would be happy to be a support for I have a great deal to loose and need the support myself.
  • aaakayofmpls
    Options
    take one day at a time,, when you find yourself into to much comfort,, upp the moment of time or speed,, i am 48 and just beiging myself,, its not easy and now I am hooked,, linedd and sinking the weight off,, friend me if you wish as well
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Ladies - I just turned 62 yesterday and began a journey of weight loss and fitness two weeks ago. I have lost 21 pounds as of today's weigh-in so I am very excited and encouraged! I set a goal to lose 100 pounds within one year and have even set up a website - check it out www.zaftictosvelte.com and follow along! Any other "mature" women that are taking the same journey? I thought we might help each other and share some good and/or tough times while doing so. Take care of yourself too.:love: From the great State of Florida - Nanny

Nanny was my maternal grandma's actual name... I really LOVE her (even tho she is in no longer with us). Good luck in your endeavor!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. There are quite a few of us in our 60's, We have a group. You can friend me if you like and oh yeah, happy birthday to you! Hope it was wonderful.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just started here this week. I'll be turning 60 in the fall. Please add me to your friends!
  • snugglebunny65
    snugglebunny65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 63 and will be 64 in a few months. I have been on this site now for a few months. I sure could use some help with motivation. I'm either full blast on or off. I ha ve reduced my weight by about 74 pounds from my all time high. I need to loss about 45 to 50 pounds more. I need ideas for cooking for one or two. I'm motivated right now and I'm on my way again. I would love for you to add me as a friend. It would be nice to have friends who are my age because we will have alot of the same struggles with weight loss. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • loissiegel
    Options
    Had the "Welcome to Medicare" party in January-now to get ready for retirement time, but want to be in shape to enjoy time with family. Two sons are bike riders and my goal is to ride with them in the hills of San Fran and Colorado. So, now to get the body into shape. First week of fitness was a killer so I took two days off to recover,but will be back at the gym tomorrow.
  • ShapeUpWithBrendaK
    Options
    Hello my nick name is Bee: I am 67 had some health problems, dealing with gout. Had two trips to the hospital , May 05 and June 05. I am doing better, and started exercising today. 45 min of my dvd. Just started the Myfitnesspal, Think I like it. You can find me on Sparkpeople as AuntBee1945BK come and visit my page if you like.:smile: I have a long way to go. Got of my program while sick. Have been retaining water weight and a few pounds gained back. I am the gal in the middle of this picture.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hi, im Kathy, im 64. since being told 18 months ago i was diabetic ive lost 51/2 stones. feel free to add me.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy belated birthday!!

I'm 55 and just joined as well. I have several health issues, so it's gonna be a long hard journey! I can use all the encouragement I can get.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Happy birthday.

I am 59. Just make a lot of friends on this site. It really does help with the motivation.
  • ckuprienko
    Options
    I,ll be 62 on July 4th, and am trying to lose 20 pds, hopefully a few by my birthday, happy Birthday to you!!!!!! I have been working with a trainer, since falling a braking my foot this winter. No activity can take its toll quickly. My muscles went down hill fast and my fat came up even faster. Just now fair , now that I m getting a little older how that works. . Would love to be your friend. Its nice to have someone to give support and I will of course help you in any way I can.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi
    60 year old Aussie here, have been working at my weight and fitness since Christmas, there are lots of us older women on MFP, lots of young ones, and we all have the same end goal - get fit!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Please add me to your friend list. I am new to this forum and don't know how to add friends, but I want them. Let's support one another. I am 60 and wanting to make some major lifestyle changes. It is finally time to do it or get off the pot!!
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    To add a friend click on their user name and when their profile page comes us, click the "Add friend" box.
  • ShapeUpWithBrendaK
    Options
    Hello my nick name is Bee: I am 67 had some health problems, dealing with gout. Had two trips to the hospital , May 05 and June 05. I am doing better, and started exercising today. 45 min of my dvd. Just started the Myfitnesspal, Think I like it. You can find me on Sparkpeople as AuntBee1945BK come and visit my page if you like.:smile: I have a long way to go. Got of my program while sick. Have been retaining water weight and a few pounds gained back. I am the gal in the middle of this picture.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am 64. I have hypothyroidism and also have had both knees replaced. Exercise is a challenge but I have a stationary bike that I use for cardio and some 2 lb hand weights I use for arm exercise. My orthopedic doctor did not tell me I could not walk for exercise but he did say that the more I use my knees, the sooner the replacements will have to be redone. I have lost 33 pounds since I started with fitness pal and am currently at a stand still. I am unable to do any floor exercises as getting on my knees is a no no. Please add me as a friend, I can use all the encouragement I can get. Good luck with your weight loss endeavor...you are doing great!