Plateau or...?

Options
I'm 5'3 and fluctuating around 155lbs, and I haven't lost any more weight in...a month? Maybe two? I don't know whether this is just a plateau or if my body type just won't allow me to lose more weight than this. I had this problem the last time I dieted(being unable to get below 150ish) but I think it's just because I ended up giving up when I started to plateau. The second time I started dieting I lost 50 pounds- I lost most of it quickly, and then it got slower and slower and now nothing's happening. I mean, I've encountered plateaus a number of times but I hope this isn't just my body telling me ENOUGH ALREADY. :I Do I just need to start pushing myself even harder orrrr...?
Help D:

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plateau to me. (I haven't lost in a month either)
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. Log everything. Count everything. It takes me a good month of no mistakes to start losing.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    What sort of deficits are you racking up? How closely do you track? It also can take me months to break a plateau. I don't think there's any body type that won't let you become a healthy BMI. Waiting out the lack of scale feedback is the hardest part.
  • lauraarenee
    Options
    I find that when you reach your plateau, you should eat less (not starve yourself) and push yourself a little harder. If you give yourself treats or have cheat days, cut out those too, you will lose the weight!!!!