Hungry

Options
Ok so I have had the same breakfast for awhile now and now all of a sudden I am hungrier sooner than I normally am. I have had to pack an extra snack so that I am not starving. I don't understand why this happens. Does anyone have an idea as to why this happens??

Replies

• cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I don't know for sure but I would guess that your body is getting used to what you are giving it and you're "needing/wanting" something else. I have to switch up my foods from time to time to keep from feeling like I'm starving.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I do that every now and then - sometimes your body just gets used to something and you need to change things up a little.... sometimes it's a result of the day or two before (an extra workout, not eating all your calories those days, etc.)

Just add a little more protein (spread some peanutbutter on a banana or an apple, grab a yogurt, etc) and it will help. :smile:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. I will have to try that.

Any ideas for breakfast? Having eggs is not enough for me so what does everyone eat for breakfast???
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I had one of those pre-wrapped sweet potatoes for breakfast today - wow was it filling! They are so good anyway.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I always make 3 scrambled egg whites, chop up some baked chicken breast with some salsa and a slice of cheese, I will always have some fresh fruit with it. This always hold me over for 3-4 hours.

Any ideas for breakfast? Having eggs is not enough for me so what does everyone eat for breakfast???
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options

If you search for 'breakfast' in the message boards you will get tons of ideas (I just searched for the same thing). Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    cherie -- did you up your exercise plan? I know that when I work out really hard, my appetite increases the next day. This helps me to choose foods that are full of fiber, water, and protein because that's what helps me get full and stays with me the longest.

I think it is a good idea to add a morning snack to your routine...if you let yourself get famished, you may open yourself to making bad choices at lunch time! Maybe add some more protein or fiber to your breakfast, but keep calories available for a morning snack.
  • cherie2304
    Options
    I haven't really changed anything with my exercise plan. I think my routine has become stale. I eat pretty much the same thing every morning for breakfast so it just may need a change up. I am gonna try something new tomorrow and see how that works.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'll eat a packet of kashi oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder, or a morningstar sausage patty on a whole wheat english muffin. Then around mid morning I eat some greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. these combinations seem to have worked for me for the past 7 months. There are times that I don't really WANT to eat them (fruit loops sound so much yummier sometimes), but they do keep my hunger at bay. Also they are easy items I can grab first thing in the morning at work when I get in.

Hope it helps! Happy Breakfast Hunting!
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Are you eating every 3 hours? Any snacks? Fruit, veggies?
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    lately, ive been havifn 3 egg whites scrambled with turkey breast slice...1/2 cup of grapefruit juice, and then a small cup of strawberries, or blueberriess yummy!! other days i have toast , cereals, assorted fruit platters, fiber one pancakes (on the wkndsss) there are soooo many options for breakfast ! if it were up to me, i would have BF for morning, lunch and dinner:laugh: :laugh: !! i HEART breakfast!!:smile:
  • cherie2304
    Options
    Are you eating every 3 hours? Any snacks? Fruit, veggies?

I do eat often...I usually can go from 630 to 10 or 1030 without feeling hungry but lately I start to feel hungry around 9 or 930. I have added a snack to my mornings so hopefully that will work. It worked today.