Zumba??

Options
I've been doing a lot of running, cycling and hiking...but thought that I would try something new. I'm TERRIBLE with coordination and rhythm. Thought I would just ask around and see if anyone else who has no rhythm has had positive results with it?? Thanks for the feedback! :)

Replies

• shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    no rhythm needed...dont give up on zumba just keep moving. Zumba is so fun who cares what you look like doing. So have fun and dance your heart away and cals away ;0)
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have no rhythm or coordination and to top it off I don't particularly like to dance or workout where others can see me (lack of coordination and all) but I loved Zumba! It really is a lot of fun and I think everyone was too busy watching themselves to worry about/notice anyone else. Also, after doing it for awhile, I discovered a sense of rhythm and coordination that I didn't know I had!
  • angcubby
    angcubby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This gives me hope! :) I think I might give it a whirl...
  • ashtin16
    ashtin16 Posts: 1
    Options
    So I'm going to Zumba with my boyfriends mom, really nervous, I have nooo coordination or dancing ability at all, is it really hard or easy?
  • mrsmrogers
    mrsmrogers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have no coordination or dance skill (unless I'm drinking then I'm fantastic lol) I started Zumba and very quickly picked up the moves and I really enjoy it:) I currently do Zumba 3 days a week and strength training 2 days. I wore my calorie burner and will burn around 650-700 calories.
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    I was nervous too, but now I wish that I had started Zumba sooner!

Instructors usually create dance moves for each individual song, so each song has those specific dance moves. If you stick to it you will slowly pick up the steps and it becomes easier and easier everytime they play the songs. I love it!!!