What do you eat for lunch at work?

Options
propskat
propskat Posts: 191 Member
I have been eating lean cusine/smart ones/healthy choice almost every work day (days I'm not travelling that is) for probably 10 years. I'm sick of them. Sometimes I will bring a salad but don't always have any protein readily availableto add to it.

So... what do you eat during your workday?

Replies

• SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Huge tub of salad with tuna in brine usually.
    Sometimes take a flask of skinny soup with added prawns
    I also take an apple, tub of grapes, weight watchers yoghurt and a cheese string.
    I snack on pine nuts,green tea, black coffee.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    pb and j, leftovers from supper, salads, snacks - hard boiled egg, almonds, etc., healthy choice soup, lunchmeat sandwich, I get bored too but I'm lazy. Today the MD bought chinese. YIKES....but tasty
  • ClaireSD35
    ClaireSD35 Posts: 38
    Options
    Salad with a variation of things added i.e. egg one day, cubed cheese another, tuna, seafood sticks etc.
    I also like Ryvita with Phillie on the days in-between!

Small healthy snacks between meals also (of course)
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I was working full time.. I'd buy those frozen grilled chicken breasts, microwave them and add it to a salad with a hard boiled egg and chopped veggies and an apple and piece of cheese on the side. It kept me pretty full and I have a big appetite.
  • beckydozois
    beckydozois Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im a big fan of eating 2 egg whites precooked and 1-2 cups of california mixed frozen veggies with a bit of hot sauce and parmesian cheese. I know what you mean though. I tend to run out of ideas myself.
  • psychofantasy
    Options
    Leftovers are great, I try to make a little extra the night before sometimes so I'll have enough to do lunch. If not leftovers, my go-to lunch is a veggie burger. I also usually grab some yogurt and pineapple with a banana for snacks.
  • JCwasere
    JCwasere Posts: 5
    Options
    Big tub of salad including (amongst other things) lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers and beetroot with "weightwatchers" salad cream followed by a tub of fruit including (amongst other things) banana, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, bluberries and melon. Its a lot of natural sugars in the fruit but it stops the "I could kill for chocolate" feelings........can be a pain to prepare every morning but I'm always glad when it's time to eat.....
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    I eat Carl's Jr, Subway, grocery store deli tenders and potato wedges. Sometimes I'll just eat crackers or chips if I'm sick of the fast food type stuff.

Unfortunately all the good healthy stuff takes time to prepare and certain appliances to make, which is not possible for me at work. I'm trying to do better, but all the easy lunches like sandwiches or left over pastas are gross to me. I really wish I wasn't a picky eater.
  • angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook enough for dinner that will then leave leftovers. I take those for lunch.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    lean cuisines, lean pockets, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, bagels. heck sometimes I get pizza delivered or bring arby's or bojangles. Eat what you want, just as long as you don't go over on your calories.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I make a tuna salad sometimes with baby spinach, tomato, feta, cucumber, spring onion and a splash of hot sauce, or a sandwich with spinach leaves, some form of meat/protein and tomato and onion - ummm sometimes I take soup, pasta/rice salad some days. I'm a big fan of wraps too especially with salad and prawns in there... yum. I don't take a 'set' thing - just depends what's in season and what I've got in the cupboards and fridge haha
  • MRITechheg
    MRITechheg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am sure to always eat very light and make sure i snack throughout the day. my job requires sitting and looking at a computer all day so anything heavy for lunch will make me sleepy. i find that eating healthy snacks and not overdoing anymeal during my workday has been a huge help for me. i have a 30 min drive home so i eat a piece of fruit on the drive so that i will be ready for the gym when i get home
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started eating lean cuisine and lean pockets last week, but I try to mix it up:

- subway 6" flat bread
    - carls jr chicken street tacos
    - salad with a variation of fruit, nuts, vinaigrette or sometime squeezed lemon as a dressing
    -Peanut butter banana and honey sandwiches
    - greek yogurt
    - crackers
    - trail mix
    - tuna sandwhiches
    - fresh whole fruit
    - Spring rolls

Hopes this helps ;)
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I try to do dinner leftovers and re-heat at work. If no leftovers I take;
    A potatoe and pop in the microwave and then just add some salsa
    Hard boiled egg whites and a piece of toast.
    I always take fruit and veggies as well for snacks.
    Peanut butter sandwich. Healthier than fast food when no time for lunch.
    Oh and I always have old fashion oatmeal at work and just heat up water in micro, add oatmeal and cook in micro for about 30 seconds. Turns out perfect. Just make sure you dont go ove the 30 sec. or ,you watch it otherwise.......:grumble:
  • Cant0na
    Cant0na Posts: 34
    Options
      http://ellysaysopa.com/2009/07/07/breakfast-chicken-sausage-patties/

These chicken patties are pretty versatile, with salad for lunch, with beans for breakfast or double the cayenne and use as a chorizo substitute.
    I love a frittata made from chicken, broccoli and mushrooms, I make a 10 egg frittata and cut it into eight slices and freeze individually so I can use it for an easy lunch.
    Homemade Boston beans Using low fat chicken bacon is a good filling lunch too
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well, I was making a sandwich everyday. But, boy am I tired of sandwiches. So, now I just take a bunch of snacky stuff - Greek yogurt, string cheese, baked chips, cottage cheese doubles, etc.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Without fail, a wholegrain sandwich with hummus, baby spinach leaves, rainbow salad and either a tin of tuna or half a cup of roasted chicken breast.

I actually have sandwich fomo if I don't have it!! hahah
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you've given me some ideas! I really like the chicken sausage idea! And I just got a meat grinder for my Kitchenaid, so what a great way to try it out! :)
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Today I had a wholemeal pita bread with chicken, avocado, feta, baby spinach, tomato and coleslaw (no dressing). Am completely full and probably won't want anything until dinner.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    avocado and whole grain baked pita chips (this is what I eat most days)
    left overs from dinner
    Hummus and veggies
    baked tofu and veggies
    salad with grilled chicken breast