I think I'm addicted to food!

Options
I can almost NEVER say no, I'm constantly craving food, if my friends invite me out for fast food or a restaurant, i ALWAYS say yes, even if I've just aten. I'm not obese, but I am slightly overweight, and I don't know if my love for food will EVER go away. I have a friend who I ALWAYS eat with, it's like were so bad for eachother when it comes to food and stuff. We both have determination and drive to get to the weight we want, but it gets hard sometimes when were around eachother to not go to in n out or mcdonalds, and I really don't know what to do!

Replies

• robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try splitting a entree with your friend, or check the menu online for calorie content etc.
  • lauraarenee
    Options
    Thanks!!! I hope this will help me, I seriously think I need to go to rehab for food or something LOL
  • brokenwoman
    brokenwoman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had this problem a while back and still do sometimes. If I want to get something right after I eat I will try and walk or do some kind of exercise for at least an hour to walk off what I just ate and then do the same for the next meal. It didn't always work because I was trying my best to do that and sometimes I just wanted to get something right then or someone else wanted to get something right then.

I also would order a salad or something or just a drink to help out the cravings.
    Also you might try cooking at home when you are craving and you may not crave as much after working for it, which in return will let you have something to snack on later on that day or the next day.
  • lauraarenee
    Options
    Thanks for your response, seriously. This WILL help me
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Every time we go somewhere, I check the online menu first and calculate everything out. I decide if I can handle fitting that in or if I need something else. Today, for example, I had most of my own lunch packed. It just needed some chicken and tomato. At Wendy's, I bought...a grilled chicken with a slice of tomato. I use the menus all the time. Many times I'll bring my own lunch and they eat what they want, I eat my stuff. I don't usually enjoy the greasy nastiness anymore after cutting back on it so much. It doesn't taste as good as it used to. That said, I allow a couple of treats off and on, because cutting all things out sets us up for failure.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like you associate food with hanging out with friends. If you aren't eating alot on your own, but find you do it with friends, then it's the habitual issue of friends and food that is your issue. You like hanging out with friends it seems, but don't do it at food places.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lauraarenee
    Options
    I will definitely take that into consideration, thanks!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well if your friend's on board why don't you both catch up next time and cook something yourselves? Find a low-cal recipe book and pick things you'd both like to try. At least then 'catching up for lunch' doesn't mean Maccas. Instead you can have fun learning some recipes and it might help you to change your association with friends from being friends=fast food, to friends=healthy lunch. :) It'll help if you're both motivating each other; there's nothing harder than going to McDonalds with a friend and trying to eat an apple while they scoff down a burger and fries!