New Member in SF Bay Area

Options
glamazon
glamazon Posts: 10 Member
Greetings All,

I have had a MFP account for quite some time. However after a body fat composition test at the Y I have become serious about loosing the weight I need to (I would love to loose 40 lbs which will put me at a goal weight of 120 (I'm 5'6). I lead a fairly busy lifestyle; mom to super awesome little 3 year old dude, wife to fantastic hubby, work full time (commute 1 hour each way) as a Senior QA Engineer, and am going to school at night to learn Web Development. With all that being said I am going to make exercising a priority. I have eating down fairly well. I like healthy food. My husband and I are transitioning to being vegan for health. I love eating this way and it has really helped my energy levels. We love cooking healthy meals, etc. My issue was eating a bit too much. This is where logging my food every day (as well as my exercise) will be absolutely crucial. My hubby lost 60 lbs using MFP and kept telling me how I should be logging my food every day. I now see the error of my ways in not heeding his advise sooner! :-)

On the exercise front when I got my body fat composition test they said I would benefit most from circuit and weight training. Prior that that when I would inconsistently go to the gym I would use the machines and not free weights (which is what they say will be most beneficial). I'm going to the Y tomorrow to meet with a trainer and to get my workout. They said I need to go 3x a week, which I am commiting to. If I go Sat. and Sun., at a minimum I just need to go one day during the week. More would be extra. My co-worker and I are also trying to walk 2 miles every day at lunch. That has been really good too. I really want to be a healthy and energetic mom for little dude aside from just wanting to be as healthy as I can be in general (and I want to look awesome in a 2 piece bathing suite again).

I love Doctor Who (#10 is my doctor always), garage rock, makeup/skin care and technology.

I look forward to meeting everyone.