answer me this.?

Options
I really want to know how it all works. Now I know there are people on her with eating disorders and they are trying to add weight and thats fab and good for them, but for us all who want to lose some I want to know this ,
If less than 1200 per day is starvation mode how come people stop losing weight, Ive come to a conclusion that starvation mode will only work if they eat as usual at some point in there week or whatever.
My mother has lost more and more weight in the last 2 years and now has a bmi of 17, she is skinny as hell and her clothes fall off her. Now I know she doesnt eat properly,IF I am with her i encourage her to eat a high cal meal as I know it will be mostly the only thing she will eat for that day. Ive worked out that i think some days she only takes in 600 and thats probs all she takes in, she can drop 2 llbs in one week like I dont know, and there is me struggling to drop any.
so my question is how come people that are really skinny or have eating disorders lose weight so well, why doesnt there starvation mode kick in. I ate 1200 or less for weeks and never lost anything, why. There must be some point where your body uses the fuel your giving it to survive and yet it still loses weight, all this is so confusing, but im my mind im not sure there is a stavation mode coz if there was then all the people that ate less than 1000 cals per day would be fat right???????????

Replies

• hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Omg can no one answer at all.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Check the link on my Profile.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sounds like your Mom is in serious trouble
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you ate 1200 for weeks and never lost a single pound, that means you were probably not adding the calories up correctly or are the most sedentary person in the world. You won't hit starvation mode before you lose a single pound.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was doing ww pro point and when i added the cals up., quite often i hadnt eaten 1200, but i some days i did take it over with lots of fruit.I check the cals on everything i eat lol. And yeah your probably right, she is old 72 and either too lazy or too frightened to make food herself mostly to lazy, she dont give a damn for anything these days not since my dad passed almost 5 years ago. You cant force food down her thoughtm, ive tried, If she eats one meal a day she is stuffed all day, god wish i was like that.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    I feel your frustration and it sucks. thats why i completely changed my mindset about my body and my food. Ive always have eaten healthy all my life, but just a lot of it, and I was at a normal weight. i dropped my calorie intake to 500...and I rarely go above 400. i know i know its crazy. it works for me and Im losing i dont care if sometimes my body feels weak. I am slowly beginning to be accustomed to it and I am fine. I have gotten sick a couple times like sometimes when I binge (very rarely) i feel like someone is stabbing me in the chest (from heartburn maybe). i see food (or i want to see food)..for NEED rather than WANT. if my body needs it, ill eat it. im still getting there..now, ive lost around 20 lbs in like 2 months?! so i am losing slowly but i am losing, and thats what matters. my whole life my body can and will survive on 500 cal. i will save $$ lmao

seriously, i was just sick of everyone saying eat healthy, exercise daily etc etc b/s, its not like that (at least for some people) everyone is different and I really wanted to see results, i went extreme. i stopped going to the gym, and thats when i lost weight, i grabbed control over my eating habits, thats all I did! i still am very active...i just dont exercise at the gym.

sorry if this post was more about what I think than actual factual data.