Keeping Motivated?

Juggalette0327
Juggalette0327 Posts: 13
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anybody else have a problem keeping motivated? I have dropped 30 lbs since Jan. and in July it just seems like I'm lost my motivation. I am trying to get down to 150 but am stuck in the 190s. I'm annoyed with myself everytime I look in the mirror but unlike when I started it doesn't seem to give me that kick that it used to. I don't know what to do to keep the motivation up. Anybody gone through this? Any suggestins on how to overcome this would be appreicated.

Replies

• donice
    donice Posts: 17
    I think this is like any other problem....take it one day at a time. Find some other rewards
    and support for doing well for that day..Have some water instead of rich snack. Go for a walk
    and get that tired but "good" tired feeling. Hang in there you can do it!!! Know that we all have
    been there and are fighting the same fight you are
    :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    It happens, enthusiasm waxes and wanes. You've reached a point where you don't really hate the body in the mirror anymore, so the major motivator is gone.

In my case I just stuck with it, with the occasional booboo along the way, and eventually the real interest and fire in the belly came back.

Are you exercising? For me that's what does the trick. I'm not losing much weight anymore,,, not so much to lose now so it's coming slower. But my fitness is improving and my body composition is improving and that's great and exciting too. I feel fantastic, and I can do things I never thought I could do, and that's a big motivator.

I used to joke about wanting that "Van Damme" body - but now I'm starting to believe it's possible. That's just cool, and I want to get there. In lots of ways I can see differences in my life as I get more fit. All these things have helped me recapture the energy to keep with it, and I don't think I'd ever go back to the lifestyle I had before.

You can do it too - you'll find what works for you. We're all pulling for ya' :happy:
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    YES ....I havent been movitated for over a week..and I think I'm eating because Im sorta depressed..and thats NOT a good reason to eat.......I dont like it...:grumble:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    For me it helps to do this for OTHER reasons than looking better. Like health. it's a big one. losing weight decreases your risk for diabetes big time!!! and many other things. do you want to be stronger, more flexible, better endurance????? If you can find other reasons...it's definately what helps me. If I put all the wieght (so to speak) on looks, I would get discouraged every single day almost.

hang in there.!!
    Cindy:heart:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    That pic looks a whole lot different for you than it does for me Cindy. :smile: You're a cutie, and you're working on becoming a slightly smaller cutie.

I was truly repugnant, now approaching passable, and hoping someday to be cute in an old guyish way. I haven't been attractive in a couple decades, so for me (and lotsa others) it's a real motivator.

Call me shallow,,, :blushing:

<<The health stuff is great too of course, and the physical capabilities are great and sometimes handy. I do some strenuous stuff, and it's all easier when I'm in better shape... but attractiveness is a HUGE motivator.>>
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    I know how you feel, this is not easy.

I was so good last week, with my exercise and eating.. things seemed to be going well.

Then.. over the last 5 days Ive been down with a cold/flu, I have muscle pains, headaches. So I let my body recover, that meant no exercise. However I have been eating and eating and eating. OMIGOODNESS!!! I feel aweful!!!

Now im starting to recover, my body isn't aching as much. But I have no motivation to get back into exercise. I cant stand the thought of even jumping on my elliptical cross trainer. I only had 5 days off and Im finding it soooooo hard to get back into it....

THIS IS TOUGH!!!!!

....logging into MFP does help though.. reading what everyone has to say and what everyone is up to.. does me make me feel like im not alone in this rocky journey.

So I think we will be ok, just try to get back into it slowly. Just keep pushing.. you'l get there :flowerforyou:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    :wink: Maybe you should try to make new goals...We all get bored once in a while, but look at all the hard work and dedication you have already put into it!:flowerforyou: Maybe you could make new goals such as eating organic foods, or trying new exercises that do motivate you!! Good Luck:happy:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Join a Challenge goup. The Blue team is a great team, we're all friendly and positive and alot of girls have seen results. There is also one that is losing by Halloween. That one is just starting. We've all set a goal for what we want to lose by Halloween. Then we post our weekly weights (either up or down). I've made a countdown ticker on my Homepage to remind me to behave-actually I have several reward tickers on my homepage of my computer to keep track of my progress.- Tickerfactory.com

Plan a reward for when you lose so you have a goal set.:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.