Top 20 Food Rules You NEED to Know

Options
http://www.truthaboutabs.com/food-facts.html

Food Rule #1. Carbohydrates don't need to be eliminated

Food Rule #2. Focus on quality protein sources

Food Rule #3. Most people need to be more aware of the omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acid ratio of the food they eat.

Food Rule #4. avoid corn, soy, and wheat, and their derivatives such as corn syrup, corn oil, soybean oil, soy protein, etc.

Food Rule #5.Beware of hidden calories and inflammation-causing ingredients in condiments and dressings.

Food Rule #6.Avoid sugar as much as possible with the exception of a small amount of natural sugars in a piece of daily fruit.

Food Rule #7.Avoid canola oil as much as possible

Food Rule #8.In addition to avoiding canola oil, I highly recommend avoiding soybean oil, corn oil, or cottonseed oil as much as possible too.

Food Rule #9.Butter vs margarine?

Food Rule #10.Egg whites vs whole eggs?

Food Rule #11.Beware of the carcinogenic and estrogenic chemical BPA that is commonly found in some canned foods and bottled drinks.

Food Rule #12. In my opinion, it's best to AVOID microwaved foods.

Food Rule #13.One of the healthiest things to include in your daily diet are herbs and spices.

Food Rule #14.saturated fats have been falsely villified in the past, and are much healthier for you than most people realize.

Food Rule #15.Always avoid artificial sweeteners!

Food Rule #16.Pay attention to your Vitamin D levels.

Food Rule #17.Probiotics rock!

Food Rule #18. Beware of carcinogenic acrylamides in browned carb-based foods.

Food Rule #19. Avoid the unknown health consequences of eating genetically modified foods.

Food Rule #20. Lastly, enjoy your food! :drinker:

Replies

• Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I agree with most of these :S OMG I'm a nut.

What is 9 and 10?

I'm going to go for Butter and whole eggs
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of these :S OMG I'm a nut.

What is 9 and 10?

I'm going to go for Butter and whole eggs

Rather oddly put methinks...but butter and whole eggs is a good way to go!
    Some items are a rather finicky way to go about things but whatever floats your boat!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's an odd list.
    Some good stuff and some I DIDN'T need to know (I'm not frightened of wheat or corn or canola).
    And some that are questions not rules...
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Wow you figured out how to cut and paste! Doesn't really make sense but, good job! :drinker:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't totally agree with this list, though there are some good points.

Watch out, you decided to share something to help people, now here come all the internet smart-as*%s to make their crappy lives feel temporarily better by putting you down.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Poor soy. Forever alone.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also think it's pretty lame to post stuff like "avoid this" and not post any reason why. Did corn murder your family? Maybe it was a person vendetta and not a reflection of corn as a whole. I'm sure there are some good cobs out there.
  • Whitney_J
    Whitney_J Posts: 8
    Options
    I appreciate the list and the desire to post knowledge...
    But perhaps this would be better titled:

20 Food Tips That REALLY Helped Me, and That Might Work for You Too!!

Most of these do not seem like hard and fast "food rules," though.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Watch out, you decided to share something to help people, now here come all the internet smart-as*%s to make their crappy lives feel temporarily better by putting you down.
    People disagreeing with your list aren't "putting you down". You are the only one being insulting in this thread. And you claim that you don't even agree with the whole list, so why take such personal offense when someone disagrees? This is a discussion forum and you should expect that people will DISCUSS what you post.
  • htalexander
    Options
    Agree with maybe 80% but not, for example, about soy.....I have soymilk daily and I am losing weight and it helps my tummy issues. I think its good for some people.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Half of the list nobody needs to know....
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with a lot of these.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    http://www.truthaboutabs.com/food-facts.html

Food Rule #4. avoid corn, soy, and wheat, and their derivatives such as corn syrup, corn oil, soybean oil, soy protein, etc.

Food Rule #6.Avoid sugar as much as possible with the exception of a small amount of natural sugars in a piece of daily fruit.

Food Rule #7.Avoid canola oil as much as possible

Food Rule #8.In addition to avoiding canola oil, I highly recommend avoiding soybean oil, corn oil, or cottonseed oil as much as possible too.

Food Rule #9.Butter vs margarine?

Food Rule #10.Egg whites vs whole eggs?

Food Rule #11.Beware of the carcinogenic and estrogenic chemical BPA that is commonly found in some canned foods and bottled drinks.

Food Rule #12. In my opinion, it's best to AVOID microwaved foods.

Food Rule #14.saturated fats have been falsely villified in the past, and are much healthier for you than most people realize.

Food Rule #15.Always avoid artificial sweeteners!

Food Rule #18. Beware of carcinogenic acrylamides in browned carb-based foods.

Food Rule #19. Avoid the unknown health consequences of eating genetically modified foods.

I don't agree with avoiding all things just because. Unless there's a health issue, there's no reason a moderate amout can't fit in a well balanced diet. There are no reasons WHY to avoid these foods.

9 and 10 just don't even make sense.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i get why corn byproducts are bad for you

but why is corn???

it is a vegetable!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    i get why corn byproducts are bad for you

but why is corn???

it is a vegetable!

I'm pretty sure the OP just copy and pasted an artical that looked good to them and really doesn't have any evidence or science to back up what he's posted.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Didnt know there were so many rules to weight loss.

For me its calories in vs. Calories out.
    Eat at a deficit and move more. Period.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry - 1st post full of fail. Half of the things on that list are total cr*pola or so vague as to be misleading.

Edited to add - this one is NOT cr*pola:

Food Rule #1. Carbohydrates don't need to be eliminated
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

People disagreeing with your list aren't "putting you down". You are the only one being insulting in this thread. And you claim that you don't even agree with the whole list, so why take such personal offense when someone disagrees? This is a discussion forum and you should expect that people will DISCUSS what you post.
    See the post above my original post. And i didn't make the list. It helps to read and know what's going on before you post.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

See the post above my original post. And i didn't make the list. It helps to read and know what's going on before you post.

I have to agree with the post above yours. The OP took an artical they read, thought it sounded good and just posted it. There's not even reasons why these things are bad (assuming they even are to most people in moderation) or a scientific approach to the post. Its just a list of things that somone threw together.

I like this post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496770-misinformation?hl=misinformation+is+bad
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing a lot of these posts where people throw down a list of "rules" and then say "but I don't agree with it, I'm just showing you a list." So then what's the point? Is it for humor? If so, it should go in Chit Chat. Is it for fact and advice? If so, then a person should agree wth what they are posting. People are reading this list and going "oh well there's a rule to follow!" when they shouldn't. I thought the whole "weight loss help" idea was to offer real advice and facts. If you want to just chit chat about fallacies, by all means, but post it in the Chit Chat section so unsuspecting people don't interpret it as advice.

Edit to fix typo.