Plans & Goals

Options
holliph
holliph Posts: 88 Member
Have you made a plan on how you are going to achieve your dreams?

Has anyone actually written down what your hopes and dreams are?
Have you written down how you hope to actually achieve those goals rather than just wish they might magically happen?

I have made short term and long term dreams/goals.
They are written down on an eraser board and in a spreadsheet that I made as a calendar.
I look at this every single day to make sure I am working in the right direction.
If I am not moving forward, I re-evaluate what I am doing and get back on the correct path.

In this I have my dream/goals broke down in the following:

Family - Health/Fitness - Career - Money - Personal Growth - Vacations -

under each category I have several sub categories that I put in order of importance and each day/week I work and accomplishing a task that I set on my schedule to get me towards achieving that goal. Some of the items do intertwine.

As things get accomplished I am continually adding new items to my list.
I am quite amazed with the things I have accomplished so far and what I am going to continue to accomplish.
Yes I am mapping out my life, but for those of you that are asked that horrific question in the job interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years...guess what you have the answer because you have already mapped it out and what you need to do to get there. You might even find yourself getting there quicker than the time you allowed!

Now I'm going to go get my sweat on for the 2nd time today!

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Is that like with those bubbles and lines and word association maps? I'm terrified! I'm glad it works for you, but if something happens, like illness, disease, death...think of all that erasing! or starting over?

;)