How do I get rid of my pooch?

I have lost 13lbs but my pooch is ruining everything for me. (For those who do not know wht it is it's the pocket of fat on your abdomen that you would probably call a belly)

Do you have any tips?

Replies

• Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 433 Member
    There's no way to spot reduce a specific are unfortunately! But ab work including planks, crunches, reverse crunches, standing crunches, side planks, dead lifts, compound squats etc.... I have an awful pooch (after 2 kids) but mine is reducing (pics on my profile or a thread I did) good luck x
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    It is just a matter of losing fat until it goes down. I have always had one, even as a kid, so mine will probably never go away. But it does get smaller. Keep lifting heavy and monitoring your intake for fat loss and the fat will slowly disappear even from your belly.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE BUT THESE DO HELP!!
    Plank holds
    Moving pushups
    Regular push ups/ ANY form of a pushup NOT USING YOUR KNEES SO "NO" GIRL PUSHUPS
    Mountain climbers
    Wide mountain climbers
    and
    Isometric holds
  • hummerseeker
    hummerseeker Posts: 17 Member
    Unfortunately, it's the last fat to go.
  • I always heard that abs are "made in the kitchen". Make sure you are eating as cleanly as possible! Stay away from processed foods and stick to fruits, veggies, and leafy greens!!
  • Kimik0123
    Kimik0123 Posts: 52
    I already know you can't spot reduce.
    I just heard that pooches can be caused by bloating. I teach people that they can't spot reduce. Not new at this haha
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing if you're losing weight still. Slow but sure. Read up on "skinny fat". There's a group for it, too.