Catie's Organic Greens

Options
monteig
monteig Posts: 65 Member
I just starting taking Catie's Organic Greens (mixed with water) in the mornings.

Wondering if anyone else has tried them (I'm thinking yes as they were already in the food search!) and if they noticed any changes?

I've been working long hours, and have been having trouble getting in well-rounded meals, so I thought that drinking seven servings of green veggies in the morning might help!

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I was making a morning smoothie with Life Greens in it...............

That is what I use and I love it.
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Actually, I saw your smoothie recipe on another topic...can you tell me how you make it?

When you say 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup collard greens, etc...

-Are you using raw vegetables? Or do you steam them ahead of time?
    -Do you chop them up first?
    -Do you use a juicer or just a regular blender?
    -How does it taste?

I am doing okay with the Caties, mixed with just water...but it is a little "grainy" at the end! I don't have much time in the mornings, which is why I have been avoiding making smoothies with it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Actually, I saw your smoothie recipe on another topic...can you tell me how you make it?

When you say 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup collard greens, etc...

-Are you using raw vegetables? Or do you steam them ahead of time?
    -Do you chop them up first?
    -Do you use a juicer or just a regular blender?
    -How does it taste?

I am doing okay with the Caties, mixed with just water...but it is a little "grainy" at the end! I don't have much time in the mornings, which is why I have been avoiding making smoothies with it.

I just dump all the ingredients raw in my blender, add a bit of water to make it whir and pour into a rubber maid container to take with me. I use a food scale to measure them out.

Forgot to mention that 200 grams = 1 cup.