disgusted with myself

Options
2»

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I came home from a weeks holiday weighed myself and OMG I was nearly 4lbs heavier. The next day I weighed the same as I was before I went. I put it down to flying (my arms are still aching lol) and the dreaded water weight
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    2 pounds overnight is water from sodium, not fat.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So last night I was at a party and I guess I overdid it because I weigh 2 pounds heavier this morning. I am so upset and angry at myself. sorry just had to vent.

The only time you will fail is if you do not get straight back on the wagon. As soon as you get back into it, your weight will reduce.

So you went to a party, ate and drank - I should damn well hope you did eat and drink, bloody boring party for you otherwise LOL.

Don't fret, those 2lbs will shift if you immediately get back into your weightloss plan, in fact by next Saturday, those 2lbs will be a long-lost memory!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 7000 calories in excess of maintenance, you did NOT gain 2 pounds overnight.
    ^This!
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. We all slip now and then. Tomorrow is a new day. That's my philosophy. If I didn't think that way, I would've given up long ago!
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do believe it is water....i had some salty food last night and I haven't gone to the bathroom yet so that could be it :O
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My scale can go up or down by 5 to 7 pounds in a day. I think the reason we notice the gains after a bad day is because we automatically jump on the scale first thing to see what damage has been done. I'm only weighing once a week on Saturday mornings at this point.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    yeah i think I have to stop weighing myself more than once a week...too emotional