diabetes?

Options
Hey everyone! My husband is a diabetic and we're working on getting it under control. Does anyone else have diabetes or is anyone else a spouse of someone who is diabetic? if so what are some of your favorite recipes?

Replies

• rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just found out today that my husband is diabetic. I had gestational diabetes but that is now gone. I have to figure out how to grocery shop and cook different now. Good luck to you and your husband. If you figure out any recipes or tips please let me know.
  • eclipse51
    eclipse51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes and one of my favorite foods was baked cauliflour. It tastes like popcorn or mashed potatoes with no carbs. Just cut it up onto a tray, put some butter, salt and pepper over it and bake at 350 until it is brown on top.
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We've found http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com is a great resource! The site has tons of recipes and they're broken down into different categories. A lot of them sound really yummy and we will be trying some of them out in the next week or two. I will let you know how they come out!
  • savingsunday
    Options
    I love cauliflower, so we will definitely have to try that! Thanks :smile:
  • Tee2072
    Tee2072 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am diabetic and have been for years.

Both DiabetesUK and the American Diabetes Society are very useful places to learn about the disease and find recipes.

Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://www.dlife.com/diabetes-food-and-fitness

Here is a site that has a lot of healty information and recipes everyone will love.
  • savingsunday
    Options
    Thanks guys! We're both definitely doing well. I know this is only going to be healthy for me as well so I'm looking forward to the healthier journey. :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes about 6 years ago, though I'd had it for who knows how long. I've found that losing weight is the absolute best thing you can do for diabetes. It sounds like you're on the right track. Good luck!