easyGym???

Options
Has anyone (in the UK, don't think they are anywhere else) tried easyGym? I am currently a member of Fitness First, but even on a discounted student membership, I need to cut costs.

There is an easyGym in Wood Green and one in Slough. I had a look around the one in Wood Green today, and it looked surprisingly good! Our course no frills, but good equipment, and a lot of it (so hopefully no waiting around) - I was pretty impressed! It is only £18 a month for just the gym (more if you want to do classes), with no contract, which seems like a good deal.

Has anyone tried it, or have any other exerpeinces of low cost gyms?

Replies

• AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump - anyone?
  • harper35
    harper35 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband has joined the one in Slough. Been a member for a few months. He says its basic but does the job. I'm joining in September
  • gosmells
    gosmells Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a Wood Green Member. It's great!! Gets busy at peak times but all the machines are really good and the staff are friendly.
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Look into Pure Gym. Same kind of price, but the classes are free, and I know at least some of them are open 24/7.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about it myself, I used to go to the Wood Green one when it used to be Fitness First, quite a few years ago now.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Look into Pure Gym. Same kind of price, but the classes are free, and I know at least some of them are open 24/7.

This looks really good, but unfortunately the only one in North London is Camden. We really need more of this type of gym.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm at a small private gym just outside Reading, the guy who runs it realised his body building hobby was getting out of hand in a normal gym so he started his own. Its small, relatively quiet although it is getting more popular, its basic spit and sawdust with a small cardio section, dance/stretching/classes area and a HUGE amount of free weights! I cannot recommend it more!!!!

The price is sensible, everyone knows everyone else by name, if your doing weights then someone (Even the staff) Will come and help you or show you how to do it properly. The best thing is its quieter than the big places. Yes ok the showers are not worth talking about but I'm not going there to look pretty I'm just going to try to get fit so I'll go home for a shower. I definitely feel more comfortable in this smaller place than the big fancy gym in town simply because the people who are there are there to train, get fit, get on with life and generally their all friendly too.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    www.payasugym.com
    has come in quite handy as there aren't any non-contract gyms near me
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    THanks all, that is very helpful. I think it might be time to cancell my Fitness First membership and probably go for easyGym in Wood Green. It's a little bit further away, and doesn't have the benefit of a sauna and steam room, but the FF is so much smaller, so it means it is a long wait for the weights that I want to use. Time to cut out the frills and go for function over form!
    Shame there is no Pure Gym near me, it looks good.