My first open water swim will continue to motivate

Options
I posted this in my blog but figured I'd share here. I just realized that my swim yesterday was my 210th straight day on MFP. There's isn't a chance in hell 210 days ago I would have even been able to attempt my swim let alone the 8 mile bike ride afterwards.

I've been lucky to have witnessed sunrises all over the country; over the Rocky Mountains, the Tetons and even the Pacific Ocean to name a couple places. I even used to watch the sunrise over the Aki-nada sea in Japan a few times a week. I find sunrises to be enjoyable and they tend to bring a sense of peace and relaxation to my life, if even just briefly. Most sunrises are just brief moments in time, only a few have been memorable enough to be permanently ingrained in memory.

Today's sunrise is one that I'll always remember, it was during my first open water swim. I was swimming in the middle of Pineview Reservoir and was about 1/4 of the way through a ~1 mile swim when the sun came up. The feeling of relaxation and joy as the first rays of sun hit my face was amazing! I didn't want to stop but I did slow down briefly to savor that moment and catch my breath. The experience reminds me to be thankful for things that I take for granted every day. Thankful for my sight so that I can see the magnificent view of the sunrise. Thankful for my health, that made it possible for me to even have the experience this morning. Thankful for all the people who have taught, supported and motivated me and who continue to make an impact on my life

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are making amazing changes and seeing improvement! Keep it up!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    How inspirational is that? That is so freaking cool!!:flowerforyou:
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) It was such a fun experience.