Unique weight loss comments

Options
Someone told me today that losing weight had completely changed my appearance. Then she started listing things: your face, neck, everything, then she said, even your eyes look different. WTH? Maybe thinner eyelids? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bet you've never heard that one before?

Replies

• Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    No, I have never heard of someone losing so much weight that their eyelids look thinner.:laugh:

I don't think people realize when they go on and on about how you changed , that you might be thinking, "Gee, what was she thinking before I lost weight. Does she think I used to look like a gnome or lolly pop kid"?

The more they talk, the more insulting it sounds. She started off trying to compliment you. :smile: LOL Just focus on that. LOL
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think when you loose weight your attitude is better so people may see that more than the weight loss. I lost only 10 pounds over the summer, went back to work and everyone noticed...weird.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I was told I looked awake once! I think because my cheeks werent finally chipmunk size!!LOL
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would guess that maybe your eyes stand out more now that your face is thinner?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Someone told me today that losing weight had completely changed my appearance. Then she started listing things: your face, neck, everything, then she said, even your eyes look different. WTH? Maybe thinner eyelids? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bet you've never heard that one before?
    FUNNY!!! Maybe she thought you were someone else!!! LOL I do know that when people are really overweight that they look older than what they are but then again when some are super thin they look a little old too!! Just remember to think your self beautiful!!!!
    vhuber from Vida MT
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I was told I looked awake once! I think because my cheeks werent finally chipmunk size!!LOL
    Maybe my smaller cheeks, make my eyes bigger! :laugh:
  • shawnsysco
    shawnsysco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's you're gut feeling? Was this comment an attack of jealousy or a compliment? A true friend would compliment your accomplishments and focus on the beauty of your weight loss. A true friend supports and encourages you to make your goals!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    eyes really do change when ure losing weight!!...atleast mine do....when i lose weight my eyes tend to look bigger its odd......lol i think maybe they were sunken into all the fat on my face or something lmao

p.s. i have older pics where my eyes are just popping out (when i was skinny) and then as i got fatter they were i dunno dull and as i said earlier sunken in lmao
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    i have noticed this...i have pics of me and my sis, she is very thin and her eyes look huge compared to mine. and when i look at pics many many yrs ago of me, when i was much thinner, my eyes look bigger too. they seem to disappear and get squinty lookin the heavier i am :tongue:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

when your face is smaller your eyes would look bigger in propotion
    ever took a look at the moon in the horion and tought "wow the moon looks so big today" but when you are looking at it in the middle of the sky, without any reference of how big that looks, the moon can look tiny. It's the same with the face
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!